Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Default "COPS" ?????

DO COPS think they are doing good out there standing on the side of the road on 70km/hr main roads congested with traffic , holding radar guns trying to get people doing over 70kms an hour ?? or are they just forced to do it?
i was coming out of the M5 tunnel on the way to work this morniung (xmas eve) and the speed zone drops from 80 to 70kms hour on general homes drive . i was doing about 75 , as all traffic was . ( peak hour . and there they were .
i think that is low . i couldnt do it . what do you guys think ?
especially any police out there reading this ????

Old 24-12-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I'm finding it hard to understand what your gripe actually is...?

I was on the same road and on my way to a job this morning and had some clown weaving in and out of traffic like an idiot doing in excess of 100kph. Would have loved to have seen a hairdryer there to nab him.
Old 24-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #3
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Cops are employees like anyone else, they told what to do a lot of the time.

They sometimes are making a statement about their presence in the above situation, but fact is if you were speeding you are breaking the law and stand the chance of getting done whether it is a 100 kmh zone or a 40 kmh zone,

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 24-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #4
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like any job you are forced to do stuff you don't want to do.

I know the old man won't issue a Fine unless you really deserve it, and you will more likely get a bunch of Bad words barked at you that would be more at home in a Bruce Willis Movie before getting sent on your way, but then dad's of the Old generation of cop's and couldn't really give a **** about what the Top Brass want.

Me i couldn't do it either. I love the speed changes where it straight road and it goes from 80 to 70 even thou it's the exact same bit of road and there is a radar waiting to catch you if you have not intimidately slowed down
Old 24-12-2007, 07:17 PM   #5
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Better than any speed camera. At least they can go after people doing stuff other than speeding and exercise discretion.

I saw a radar a little while back and bloody hell I was shocked because I hadn't seen one in 2 years. More radars and less speed cameras I reckon!
Old 24-12-2007, 07:19 PM   #6
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yay, another pointless whinge
Old 24-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #7
3vXT

75kph doesn't seem that evil but how fast would they be going if there wasn't a chance of getting a ticket?
Old 24-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #8
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On that, i feel Australians are becoming a bunch of people who just like to wing about everything and are more concerned with what others are doing than what you yourself are doing.

So you were cut off in traffic, somebody was speeding a guy did a burnout, who really gives a Load.

I was sitting in traffic overseas a few weeks ago it was a 3 lane road with 5 lanes of traffic, horns going off left right and centre. A red light meant stop if you want to, if you were in the left lain and wanted to be in the right you just did a 90 degree turn thou traffic, out on the hwy the sped limit must have been a recommendation, the driver pulled into Caltex and came out with 3 beers for us, cutting people off was just what you did. it's when it tunes to this you know you have a problem, but unbelievably it all worked, not once did i see owe driver get angry about being cut off.

After that i got back to Perth I was driving back from the air port looking at how we drive and i thought **** we are just a bunch of big girl's blouses we have nothing to complaine about, and it's all the Media who stir the pot and people like Pedestrian causal and that mob who start us down the path off we need to fix something that isn't busted and we all just swallow it like sheep.
Old 24-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #9
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Nearly the same deal here. Cops were in a major blindspots, just over a hill. Causing hard braking and what not, annoying!
They didnt pull me over, far right hand lane, no throttle on haha.
Old 24-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #10
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't speed, then there isn't an issue.
Old 24-12-2007, 07:58 PM   #11
gtfpv
GT

to anyone who thinks i'm whinging .
point one . the police are there to help. and thats who i'll ring everytime .
point 2. have a few friends that are police .
point 3. dont think i got done, but if i did . so be it.
point 4 , this wasnt in a black spot. and the cops are never there with the radar.
point 5, it's xmas eve. the only people on the roads at that time are the poor buggers going to work .
point 6. peak hour . hard to speed there.
point 7 . it was opposite a speed camera on the other side of the road.
point 8. less than 1km behind us we'd all just travelled passed a fixed speed camera.
point 9. lovely xmas present.
point 10 . if this wasn't revenue raising then what is.
point 11. how must a police/ person feel knowing that in this instance he isn't serving any good to the community. other than penny pinching for a petty petty . offence.
Old 24-12-2007, 07:59 PM   #12
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
yay, another pointless whinge
Agreed.

Closed Thread