Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-06-2005, 08:56 PM   #1
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unhappy V8 Superstars??

Sitting around this arvo with not much happening so I thought Id have a look at V8 s/stars on 10. What a complete waste of prime time TV!
Between buckets of sand,wedding veils,bread roll throwing and lame barbs being tossed at one another it was pathetic.
OK so Greg Rust has got engaged,wow, dont we all at some stage?
Paul Dumbell looked like he had just gotten out of bed and appeared to still be half asleep. And where did they dig up Tim Smith? this airhead wouldnt
know one end of a racecar from the other.
During the interview with Larry Perkins out of half a dozen questions most were absolute crap, to the point where even Larry looked a bit bemused by it all.
I can think of a heap more V8 related stuff Id rather see than this mindless drivel! How about more technical stuff or follow a team for a race w/end and see exactly what they go through , how they go about setting up, even logistics in getting a team from race to race, this is the sort of thing the average punter never sees.
Sorry V8 Superstars, you've lost me.. :yeees:
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 08:58 PM   #2
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redebxr8
Sitting around this arvo with not much happening so I thought Id have a look at V8 s/stars on 10. What a complete waste of prime time TV!
Between buckets of sand,wedding veils,bread roll throwing and lame barbs being tossed at one another it was pathetic.
Paul Dumbell looked like he had just gotten out of bed and appeared to still be half asleep. And where did they dig up Tim Smith? this airhead wouldnt
During the interview with Larry Perkins out of half a dozen questions most were absolute crap, to the point where even Larry looked a bit bemused by it all.
I can think of a heap more V8 related stuff Id rather see than this mindless drivel! How about more technical stuff or follow a team for a race w/end and see exactly what they go through , how they go about setting up, even logistics in getting a team from race to race, this is the sort of thing the average punter never sees.
Well it is the channel that brought you Big Brother and Crompton as a resident expert, were you seriously expecting anything much better?
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 09:05 PM   #3
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Steve Johnson barely got a word in for the whole show. He may aswell not have been there, he was asked two questions & never got the chance to speak before the others started with their shit, I was really looking forward to hearing from him & what he thought about having Seto as a team mate, but all he got to talk about was Eastern Creek. :
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 09:22 PM   #4
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A mutual admiration society at its finest.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 09:50 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Well it is the channel that brought you Big Brother and Crompton as a resident expert, were you seriously expecting anything much better?
Oh amen to that! Neil Crompton - urgh, know it all. I have to change the channel at least 10 times during V8SC just get a break from him.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:59 PM   #6
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
HA HA Have to agree with that.
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 10:01 PM   #7
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Oh amen to that! Neil Crompton - urgh, know it all. I have to change the channel at least 10 times during V8SC just get a break from him.
Hey All,
Somebody send Leigh Diffey back to where we sent him before, He shits me to tears!
Cheers,
Mike
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 12:08 AM   #8
Yellow Fire
Cleveland Powered

They seem to be wanting to turn it into a V8 version of The Footy Show. All cheap laughs with virtually no content. I don't think Diffey did much to keep the conversations on topic - in fact it seemed like he discouraged it.

I kept muting the sound as it was just drivel. Evertime I unmuted it was either a joke about Brad Jones rolling or some crap sprewing out of Handbag's mouth.
Yellow Fire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 12:19 AM   #9
xr8ute
Back on the road

The setup gags at the start (e.g. bucket of sand) were lame, and Leigh Diffy didn't host it with the same polish as Bill Woods. 60 minutes of barely average TV.

Bradlee was a bit funny though

I think Cromley's tech coverage of V8SC is pretty good. Better than Oastler...

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 12:23 AM   #10
Aeron
DJR Fan

I think its a bloody fantastic show. I wish it was on every week. I love seeing the drivers pay out on each other and have a good time. I think its great! I think you guys are being a bit hard on the program. I cant see how any true-blue die-hard V8Supercar fan could NOT like the show.

Im also a Crompton fan.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 12:30 AM   #11
paul7v7
bring it on

the show is good. murphy and skaife shit me to tears, always wanting to have the last word....crompton is a good commentator...he knows the stuff and shows very little bias. the one commentator that shits me to tears is james allen from ITV for F1. can anyone say TRYHARD.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:21 AM   #12
xrgran

Well I didn't mind it, even though they seemed to talk over each other alot.

Thought the Jones/Bowe car was funny with the new name signage. : Greg and his mate could have done a better job on the Larry interview/questions, though get to know Greg and you find out he is really a nice bloke.

Skaife is more intelligent than I EVER thought possible :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 01:29 AM   #13
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I havent seen the show for ages. Keen to see it.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 07:29 AM   #14
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

I enjoy pretty much ANY chance to check out something V8 Supercar related, but they should have given Steve Johnson a chance to finish a sentence. You can always count on the Brad Jones team for a laugh........San Chow/Bradlee
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 08:10 AM   #15
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jeez you guys have a moan :rolleyes: You're lucky you get something like this show. Over here motorsport is all but ignored except for the three hours every Sunday that we get, and even that is mostly filler. I wish V8 Superstars was broadcast over here.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 10:23 AM   #16
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought it was great
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 11:18 AM   #17
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They asked Steve Johnson 2 Questions, one of those he should have s**t in but he didn't know it was his own team mate. The second one he ummed and ahed through, no wonder he didn't get much air time. As for Crompton I recon he is one of the best commentaters going around, he talks clearly he talks average and lets face it MR Average is the one watching the races on a Sunday arvo. When next time you go to the races just listen to the absolute crap people actually say and believe to be true. He also gets to talk to any driver at any time including whats going on in F1,CHAMP Cars, Indy and any other form of motorsport. IMHO we are lucky to have him. He raced V8s with a modicum of success and thats more than you can say for most. Seems like the tall poppy syndrome to me. If you don't like him turn down the sound, you may know a lot more than the next guy but he's watching too and if he can't understand whats going on then he'll switch off and theres more of him out there buying from sponsors than you. No buyers,no sponsors,no sponsors no TV, no TV, no V8s etc,etc,etc.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:23 AM   #18
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by redebxr8
I agree absolutely - well written
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 08:49 AM   #19
DanXR6T
Eat more peanuts....

Well written??

I think that it was poorly written, lack of spaces, incorrect grammar, SMS style words..

Oh you meant you agree with him?

Anything about life imitating art?

Oh my god I'm turning into Yagz....

Formerly owned:
'99 AU Falcon Ute
'88 EA Falcon GL
DanXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 08:50 AM   #20
ferris01
I am a Princess!!!

Gotta agree with you deesun...
ferris01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 09:50 AM   #21
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

ditto deesun I'm with you also...phhht Jnr J, slower than his old man imo.....
You can't please everyone but I'll take Cromly anyday. Oastler was the worst I had ever seen. Do you want him back ?
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 12:29 PM   #22
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The only other time Junior Johnson got to say anything was when they wanted to get the inside word on his old man
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post