Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 02-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #1
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Default new body-kit + exhaust done

Well, here's some pics of the body-kit i bought off 'spaceman' on euroford.com fitted it last weekend, side skirts and spoiler to be fitted soonish... got the exhaust done on tuesday too. :
really happy with it. sounds really mean and low. not too loud either. you can just hear it idle nicely and at revs its just right.

just wondering whether i need to change anything to match the exhaust, or will it all be cool? And does the engine get hotter with an aftermarket exhaust, because my fan seems to be coming on alot more after i turn off the engine.

cheers

jim

i'll try to post a vid link once i take a short clip.

zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
XH5LWEPN
Boost is here!!

Looks good mate, i like the tips too.

As far as the exhaust goes, what exactly did you get done? Just the tailpipe section or the whole lot?

Am looking at changing the missus exhaust but dont want it very loud.
XH5LWEPN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 08:41 PM   #3
chinw3e
no sacrifice, no victory

the new exhaust looks tops ! congratulations. what are specs and where bouts did u get it?

Eibach Lowering Springs, Wiecher Sports Strut Brace, K&N panel filter, fog lights, crystal black side indicators, car mats, tinted windows
chinw3e is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #4
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by xh4ltwepn
Looks good mate, i like the tips too.

As far as the exhaust goes, what exactly did you get done? Just the tailpipe section or the whole lot?

Am looking at changing the missus exhaust but dont want it very loud.
thanks mate, i just got the muffler replaced at the moment, to a stainless sports Magnaflow, then just the 2" pipe back from that to the tips. I'm looking at getting 2" pipe from the muffler to the cat too....when i get some more funds.

i'll try and get a vid clip so you can roughly gauge how loud it is.

Last edited by zetec jim; 02-11-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:54 PM   #5
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinw3e
the new exhaust looks tops ! congratulations. what are specs and where bouts did u get it?
thanks mate, as before, just changed the muffler to a stainless Magnaflow with the two tips. got it done at Dandy Exhaust on Cheltenham in Dandenong (VIC) i could have gone with the cheaper sports muffler they usually use, but i wanted to make sure it sounded subtle and would last awhile. they did a pretty good job. had to go back there today to fix up a couple of tiny weld holes at one connection, fixed with no dramas or charge.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:11 PM   #6
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec jim
just wondering whether i need to change anything to match the exhaust, or will it all be cool? And does the engine get hotter with an aftermarket exhaust, because my fan seems to be coming on alot more after i turn off the engine.
I have a 2" cat-back exhaust and never have probs with car/engine temperature... even after very spirited drives.

btw, congrats to the mods.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #7
Adsy01

The Kit looks great!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec jim
thanks mate, as before, just changed the muffler to a stainless Magnaflow with the two tips. got it done at Dandy Exhaust on Cheltenham in Dandenong (VIC) i could have gone with the cheaper sports muffler they usually use, but i wanted to make sure it sounded subtle and would last awhile. they did a pretty good job. had to go back there today to fix up a couple of tiny weld holes at one connection, fixed with no dramas or charge.
I'm thinking of getting my rear muffler done too, just want a little more "note", though i might just go cat back :
Dandy Exhaust isn't too far from me, So may i ask how much did they charge you? (PM me if you want) oh and how much did they quote for cat back too?.

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

The most "Standard" car I've ever owned!
Adsy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 03:28 PM   #8
photn
AFF Post NAZI

my cat back cost 300 all up including the tip adsy....

Btw Jim, that rear looks awefully familiar... aye...

Very familiar hahahaha

Loving it mate

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #9
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
my cat back cost 300 all up including the tip adsy....

Btw Jim, that rear looks awefully familiar... aye...

Very familiar hahahaha

Loving it mate
mine cost about the same without the cat back piping. i think the muffler might have been a little pricey for me, but oh well.

Yeah i know!!! well i saw yours and thought it looked too damned good to put anything else on...

its nice and subtle and just fits into the gap allowed at the bottom...but i dont have to tell you that...haha
cheers
Old 04-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #10
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

hope this works, there's a fair bit of crud coming out when i rev it... just a rainy day in melb. :

Old 05-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #11
chinw3e
no sacrifice, no victory

sounds mean. is there any major differences in performance?

i have many ambitions this summer, just want to plan everything out before i start.

ps. i'm glad you got the camera back haha wouldn't want to leave it there for too long

Eibach Lowering Springs, Wiecher Sports Strut Brace, K&N panel filter, fog lights, crystal black side indicators, car mats, tinted windows
chinw3e is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2007, 02:17 AM   #12
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

thanks mate.

yeah, performance is slightly better. especially from 3500rpm up. a bit of torque is lost i think due to the compression the old exhaust may have provided. but definetely runs a little quicker (tiny bit).

the best thing i've noticed is the gears seem to change a lot better. just seem to be more smooth in the change and smoother throttle response.

yeah you can hear me running back to it!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #13
crispymk2

the kit looks great, as do the twin tips... That was one of the biggest things that bugged me about the zetec - the lack of an exhaust tip.

Sounds great too! Nice stuff