Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #61
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has given endless help in the cleveland section over the years. Knows his stuff and happily tests on the track and gives no fuss results. 

Here's the Group C calendar this year. The historic touring cars are also great to watch if you get the chance.

http://www.groupc.org.au/Calendar%20...7_calendar.htm

TruBlu351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #62
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

i agree the kit is quite over the top in a street form, but im doing it, stickers and all even, i will fill thos guards to the last centimeter with the fattest rubber, i rev mine to 7400 and it dosnt sound as good as dickies, after some strip time im going to put in a 245@50 cam and a tko or t56 box for some track time, powercruises, drift open days, club sprints, burnouts and dragging, i reckon will be a great all rounder!
Old 26-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #63
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

my car is staying cobalt blue, i need to decide on XD or XE front end? what sponsers? either real sponsers e.g. panel and paint shop, stone racing, pure grunt, or convert front to xd and run a close replica to dickies, same sponsers ect? hmmm
Old 26-10-2007, 09:05 PM   #64
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has given endless help in the cleveland section over the years. Knows his stuff and happily tests on the track and gives no fuss results. 

As long as you fill those guards like you say......you can't go wrong!! I'd build one in a heart beat if I had the time and space!

Simmons make some nice FR19's that would go OK. I'd be tempted to go all black, polished alloy rims with gold centres :sm_drool:

Old 26-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #65
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiapan
i rev mine to 7400 and it dosnt sound as good as dickies
Chuck a 2 into 1 side exiting unmufflered exhaust on it and his will sound like a vw in comparison
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 11:34 PM   #66
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Chuck a 2 into 1 side exiting unmufflered exhaust on it and his will sound like a vw in comparison
tempting...how does he make it sound so high pitched and smooth, it sort of purrs..but in an angry way,
Old 26-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #67
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiapan
tempting...how does he make it sound so high pitched and smooth, it sort of purrs..but in an angry way,
Rev's..! got to live that down change at the end of mountain straight!
And the fact that its a single outlet it combines the exhaust pulses rather than breaking them into 2 banks.. Have you ever heard a river skirace boat called "Cinders" with the nascar 358 and the 8 into 1 exhaust system? @8500 rpm you can barely differentiate each cylinder its that high pitched and smooth. V8SC's sound very similar..

Old 27-10-2007, 12:18 AM   #68
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Rev's..! got to live that down change at the end of mountain straight!
And the fact that its a single outlet it combines the exhaust pulses rather than breaking them into 2 banks.. Have you ever heard a river skirace boat called "Cinders" with the nascar 358 and the 8 into 1 exhaust system? @8500 rpm you can barely differentiate each cylinder its that high pitched and smooth. V8SC's sound very similar..
wow! makes a load of sense, lumpy is good down low but up high i like screaming v8's nothing sounds that good...NOTHING!!!
Old 27-10-2007, 01:05 AM   #69
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Yep....definitely look awesome as a street car too. I think I'd go the XE front end.

20th century Mad Max.

Old 27-10-2007, 07:42 AM   #70
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

With the issues these models had with rust, you give two a nice shiney paint job then park them on the beach, they will be cheap to buy an about a year or two!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2007, 10:51 AM   #71
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1600GT
the 'belt popping' was the 19's on the XE.
reported in Aust Muscle Car issue 10, in the story on the Greens Tuf XE.

they were letting go because they were designed for the weight of a 935 porsche, not a bl00dy great XE, and they had very small sidewalls that didnt flex very much due to them being crossply construction, not radial.
the XD used 16's, and never had that problem due to the fact the tyres were a heavier construction as they were designed for heavier cars, and the bigger sidewalls had more flex in them.

and yep, was the last of the TRUE touring cars from australia.

IIRC the tyres were 19 by 14 inch and the comment about the belts popping was made by dick after a race at the old gold coast race track
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #72
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

i know i shouldnt really admit to this, but before i bought my sprint i had considered buying an XE that had supposedly been written off and rebodied into a shell at the DJR workshops, and the paperwork from ford, as well as what a couple of people who knew the car told me, supported the owners claims that the shell was the one that ford gave to DJ after he went into the trees......