Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV-Tickford Club of NSW > FPV-TCNSW Club Discussions

Old 11-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
corty74
Starter Motor

Default Wanted 98el Xr8

HI GUYS,I'M LOOKING FOR A 1998 EL XR8 5sp, IN VERY GOOD CONDITION WITH LOW KMS.IF ANYONE HAS A MATE OR KNOW OF SOMEONE SELLING ONE JUST PM ME.CHEERS GUYS

corty74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 10:13 PM   #2
NickOne

Default 98 El Xr8

mate ive got an el xr8 that isnt for sale right now but will be on the market in 2 or 3 weeks its just at the trim shop at the moment finishing off a few leather bits.

its in mint condition inside and out. ive owned it for close to two and a half years. i got it at 80,00kms from an owner that that had it locked away in a garage. when i got it, it was a stock standard 302 windsor with a 4 speed auto in it.

since then ive put a brand new motor in it with a 347 ford racing stroker kit. brand new everything from top to bottom apart from the engine block which i had bored, cleaned and crack tested.used all ford racing parts from the US. its putting out 300 bhp at wheels or 230 kw. done the motor at 100,000kms, the car itself has now done 125,000kms.

i converted it to a 5 speed manual (tremec TKO 5 speed - $4000 box) meant to be an unbreakable box, got the clutch out of the saleen GT mustangs.

ive upgraded all the suspension with new bilstein shocks and springs all round, 32mm sway bar, nolathane bushes the whole bit.

ive upgraded the brakes all round, new calipers from the EL GT, V8 supercar size diameter discs at the front (not sure of the exact measurments) they are a three piece rotor, hat and hub.

basicaly the only thing i havent replaced on the car is the diff (which i have completely overhauled, new bearings etc), the powersteering pump and the A/C compressor.

Not too sure if your still looking for an EL XR or if its even what your looking for but let me know if your still keen. there's heaps more ive done to the car its been a working project of mine. ive spent a a little over $20,000 on it.

anyway let me know if this is what your looking for.
Cheers,
Nic.
NickOne is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #3
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

check this thread out.
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11194770