Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-07-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
hamka

Unhappy clutch pedal woes.

Hey all,

My el xr6 of late has developed some gearing issues: 1. cant get in to gear, 2. to be in gear and clutched in without moving, clutch is pushed into the firewall 3. its grinding on its bracket. 4. as a result of this my left leg is now significantly larger than my right 5. also i get stuck in neutral around corners when gearing down at times and also at the lights cause i cant get into 1st or 2nd

What i have done, changed the clutch cable, doesnt grind as much gearing problem seem worse, i have have also sworn and threatened it excessively to no avail. my clutch is a whole 2 months old and is a hd exedy number, im guessing what the problem is the pedal box?? im thinking of buying a new pedal box and wacking that in there but what stopping it from doing it again?? Any alternatives or advice would be greatly appreciated guys cause my car is nearing un-drivable cheers all.

hamka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
bentles
Banned

check the firewall and get up under the dash with a flashlight and check pedal box.

both of these crack/split and cause such problems.

best of luck with it
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 09:40 PM   #3
Mitch_

have u got another car u could use?
i just got mine redone, i took the pedal box in, and got it straightened and welded, then put it back in....improved it alot ;)
Mitch_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 09:41 PM   #4
kenz
BOSS Pilot

I recently had the same symptons in my AU ute and couldnt work out what it was. Ended up being the pedal box. Very thin metal and it just rips the steel around the weld. If you poke you head up in there you will be able to see that it might be bending in towards the firewall. When I got a new one I welded some extra steel on the inside of it where it was ripping out on the old one. Bit of a job as Ive heard for e-series you have to take out the dash to get the pedal box out. Luckily for me the AUs dont need the dash out.
Hope that helps
Luke

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 09:44 PM   #5
hamka

cheers for the replies forgot to add that the firewall had been repaired by the previous owner, also what was the cost roughly to get the pedal box done and how long.
hamka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post