Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 16-07-2007, 08:29 PM   #1
greg444
Greg

Default New EL XR6

Hey guys,

Im just about to buy an EF XR6 for a first car. I have read up on them a decent amount but i still have a few questions.

Firstly, how many kilometers is to many. This one has 200,000 but it seems to be in decent condition, which is rare.

Does anyone know how or where i can get all the seats (front and back) interior replace because the interior in the EF's are horrible. I know i can buy an EL, but there aren't many in my price range, and those that are are in bad condition.

Finally, it comes with alot of 'extras' such as extractors, full exhaust system, air intake, body kit ect. Extra's with a car can often put people off, but do you really think it matters? I was going to put all that stuff on myself.

Thanks

greg444 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
krisisdog
Banned

Whats the difference between EF/EL interiors???

200 thousand ks is average, my Futura now has 210,000kms, nothing wrong with it.
As for the 'extras', more money in your pocket isnt it?
krisisdog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 08:55 PM   #3
holmsy
Banned

i got my ed with 240 or more thousand i think it was. if it is in good condition anyway it doesn't matter to much.
if my car came with extras already it would make it easier for me. i don't see any real reason it would be bad.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #4
greg444
Greg

the EF is the fist link. The EL is the second.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/attachm...id=32991&stc=1
EF.JPG

http://www.fordforums.com.au/attachm...id=32992&stc=1
EL.JPG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EF.JPG (12.7 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg EL.JPG (9.0 KB, 101 views)
greg444 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 09:56 PM   #5
andrewts
White Car Driver

The EL XR interior is prime, I can understand why you would want it. ;)

If you find an EL XR at the wreckers you can put the door trims and seats in your EF, they should swap right over. I'm not sure what the interior would cost to buy (if it was in good condition), probably a few hundred bucks.
Old 16-07-2007, 11:55 PM   #6
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewts
The EL XR interior is prime, I can understand why you would want it. ;)

If you find an EL XR at the wreckers you can put the door trims and seats in your EF, they should swap right over. I'm not sure what the interior would cost to buy (if it was in good condition), probably a few hundred bucks.
Someone around here had/has a full set of door trims and seats for around $500. Instalation is too easy and would only take an hour or two absolute max.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 10:43 AM   #7
devilracer_01
Sleeping Beast

My 96 EL XR6 is about to click over 175K which is low should have done around 220K.
devilracer_01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 01:21 PM   #8
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg444
Hey guys,

Im just about to buy an EF XR6 for a first car. I have read up on them a decent amount but i still have a few questions.

Firstly, how many kilometers is to many. This one has 200,000 but it seems to be in decent condition, which is rare.

Does anyone know how or where i can get all the seats (front and back) interior replace because the interior in the EF's are horrible. I know i can buy an EL, but there aren't many in my price range, and those that are are in bad condition.

Finally, it comes with alot of 'extras' such as extractors, full exhaust system, air intake, body kit ect. Extra's with a car can often put people off, but do you really think it matters? I was going to put all that stuff on myself.

Thanks
i also know exactly what you mean about the interior. i have an ef xr6 i bought from standard. at the moment im have all the interior refurbished in charcoal and black including roof, seats, carpet, doors and parcel shelf (6mm maconite) and its costing me around $1000. i'd prefer custom than standard cause he's redoing the foam of the seats and an pattern stitch in the charcoal. as with the exhaust and extractors you can always pull them off and replace any gaskets and ask the your local exhaust guy to do that and clean them up etc etc... 200*** k's isnt too bad for a 95 model car. mines dont 185***... still good.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 08:13 PM   #9
Sheppxr

My el is about to click over 90,000k's. I had an ef with 220,000 and never had a problem. The only thing i done was a head gasket which is common on eseries.
Sheppxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 11:52 PM   #10
fordzatmyplace
B Series XR8 Pilot

theres nothing wrong with that EF interior, just looks like it needs a good scrub.

WANTED EB-EL V8!!
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11242992
fordzatmyplace is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #11
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordzatmyplace
theres nothing wrong with that EF interior, just looks like it needs a good scrub.
hey arent you wrecking an ef fairmont *hint* *hint* you could make a good sale here

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post