Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-02-2007, 09:22 AM   #1
edo007
Starter Motor

Unhappy eb trip computer to ef?

have just bid on and won(unfortunately) a trip computer taken from a 91 EB Fairmont Ghia on e-bay. Only I own a 94 EF GLI. Is it possible to some how adapt this to my car without a degree in electrical engineering? I don't care that it won't fit were the clock goes I just want to access the fuel millage data. Or have I just wasted $49? The supplier has good feed back so I assume it's in "excellent condition and working order" stated in the description and comes with the loom. I'm not to bad with electronics but is this not possible or just not worth the effort i.e just cut my losses and get one that matches my make?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Damien : :

edo007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

NO they are very different and it will not work, let alone even fit in the space cleanly.

Just put it in the for sale section when you get, someone will pay the $50 to buy it off you, it will fit anything from EA-ED for the record.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 09:33 AM   #3
edo007
Starter Motor

Thanks mate. I'll do some research in these forums before I bid on any more parts for my car from now on!
Old 21-02-2007, 09:35 AM   #4
EA2BA
PM me if you want

hahahaha, yeah pays to research, not many ea-ed parts will fit an EF/EL just for the record

Old 21-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #5
edo007
Starter Motor

yeah well, I've only recently taken an interest in maintaining and improving performance of my car. 6 months ago I could not even change the oil let alone know what the oil filter looked like! So wait out for some more dumb questions from me.

Also , what's the meaning of the report bad post icon on your reply? Does that mean my post was bad for some reason?

Last edited by edo007; 21-02-2007 at 10:02 AM. Reason: unsure of icon
Old 21-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #6
EA2BA
PM me if you want

It means you can report my post as bad if you feel the need to, i may have posted something random and a spam message, or called you a complete tool for no apparent reason and you feel my post was not called for or wanted