Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 07-02-2007, 11:30 PM   #1
NZ
~~~

Default Popped in to say hi

Just a bit of an update.

I Haven't been on the net for a while and my PC is playing Mr Poopy Pants lately. For those who know me and my work will know that the farm I am running was recently Sold. I was offered to stay and run it for the new owners But I declined and am looking at some other options, one being moving to SA.
Anyway car wise recently I bought an EA S Pac manual from melbourne to use as a daily and a farm car. The motor was fairly tired so I fitted a low k block and head I got from Nc Steve in geelong. She hauls now... It isn't registered yet, it still needs some rear shocks, new garnish, front brake pads and a new headlight lens for a RWC but in the mean time it gets used on the farm. The 2.92 LSD, fresh motor and dropped exhaust after the cat makes for some fun times in the paddocks.

I also recently bought a cheap EF Sedan in Reef Green. Its a 6 cyl futura bog stock with a fairly decent body. Recently I fitted the AU IRS unit I had orginally bought to put into the EB I also have. This was fairly easy but one downside is that The stuff that had to be removed (wats link brace, sway bar mounts) means the car can't be returned to live axle.to the chassis rails which was a huge help. My girlfriends father came and welded in the rear mount pins in So far I haven't reallydriven it far, I need to sort out an exhaust for it as the rear section runs under the IRS and the front section doesn't fit without mods. I've also got standard springs in the back at the moment so the car looks fairly odd with superlow springs in the front. I have a set of rear ultralow IRS springs to fix that stance. In time the EF will get The NL interior thats currently in the EB along with the 5.0 and its drive line. The EB will get the Futura interior and donk then I'll probably hock it off. I haven't really put much thought into that side of it so no doubt the plans for the EB will change. Anyway gotta run check out some stuff I'm selling on Ebay, I'll on;y be on here occasionally so catch upmwith ya's when ever

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 11:33 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

woah....some big changes happening there

the EF sounds interesting all the best with everything mate........we'll have to catch up sometime before you go to SA
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 11:38 PM   #3
Damo
Banned

thanks for the update Karlos, I allready knew all that stuff anyway. :P I have all the stuff you need for your EA to get a RWC but it probably wouldn't be feasable getting them to you. Why did you decide to ditch the EB ?
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 11:39 PM   #4
XRated
Shoot.

Go on MSN you mofo.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Jesus get a job, that sounds like too much parts swapping to be healthy.

Pics on the IRS. Or come do mine.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 12:17 AM   #6
alesia
Banned

i love the colour of the ef those for sale stickers gone off it yet :P
alesia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #7
EFFalcon
Last warning

good to get an update Karl!
any plans on doing front end suspension changes?
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 07:43 PM   #8
alesia
Banned

NZ updates mean that he now has a few items up for sale that would suit someone in eseries land thought i would chuck it up in here as its part of his updates
boot lip
EL GTs
ED XR LIGHTS

(if someone is unhappy with the ebay links please remove i wasnt sure if it was ok or not )
if anyone is intersted NZs phone number is on the ebay page, hes not online much so either contact him or pm me and ill talk to him
alesia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2007, 10:21 PM   #9
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

G'day Karl

You should start coming to meets again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 01:12 PM   #10
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
Why did you decide to ditch the EB ?
Havent ditched it as such just un decided what to do with it.

Quote:
Go on MSN you mofo.
Can't get msn on this slaptop to work. some sort of virus cheker stops it working. txt me i don't have your number any more.

Quote:
Jesus get a job, that sounds like too much parts swapping to be healthy.

Pics on the IRS. Or come do mine.

Didn't take pics sorry. in the process of changing the diff centre to a 3.45 lsd from a 3.23 open.

EFFalcongood to get an update Karl!
any plans on doing front end suspension changes?

Perhaps one day in the future but for now no plans for that, i'll let some more pioneers tackle that one so its easier if i ever do it

G'day Karl

Quote:
You should start coming to meets again.
Will do mate.

Old 13-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #11
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

Good to hear you're still alive, Karl =P

You can use messenger onilne through your web browser, I think its ebuddy.com or something.
Old 13-02-2007, 09:38 PM   #12
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Bah good one. I let you pioneer the IRS and look what you do! Looks like no pics of the AU front end for you.

Seriously though, any details? As simple as chopping the watts linkage stuff off, welding studs for the rear mounts in and Bob's your uncle? Any butchery from inside the boot? Shock towers just a matter of removing e-series one and putting the AU one it?

Last edited by Psycho Chicken; 13-02-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 11:58 PM   #13
XRated
Shoot.

Hey Karl, after speaking to you today can you let me know what's happening with the eBay stuff? I forgot if I asked!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2007, 10:11 PM   #14
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Bah good one. I let you pioneer the IRS and look what you do! Looks like no pics of the AU front end for you.

Seriously though, any details? As simple as chopping the watts linkage stuff off, welding studs for the rear mounts in and Bob's your uncle? Any butchery from inside the boot? Shock towers just a matter of removing e-series one and putting the AU one it?
Ok, starting from the front, the lower link mounts are too narrow by about 5mm each side, so thats fixed by modifying the IRS bushes. The shock towers need the Spring locator removed which is done by drilling 2 spot welds from the top. The IRS struts are a complete unit much like the front struts, so the studs just go through the 4 holes and bolt in. The rear pins need to come from an AU car, it would be hard to make your own. I got mine from FTG. There is a pin that has to be installed by cutting the boot floor above the rail and drilling a hole innthe rail. There is another bracket that goes onto the rail from underneath (the bracket slides over the pin). The longer fuel tank strap needs to be modified. It has to be sort of bent and a long bolt used through the boot floor . the IRS unit sits close to the tank. Tailshaft bolts straight up(eb onward style). AU handbrake hooks up to the ef handbrake cable and functions correctly. The ABS needs to be wired into the loom (different plugs) but once thats done it functions as normal as the Eseries have 50 teeth on the axles and so does the AU but used a larger ring on the CV joint. If you get an irs unit beware of what car it comes from. 3.46 ratio are LSD. 3.23 are not. Because the cars with 3.23 had traction ontrol, the abs system was used so lsd wasn't needed.

Old 19-02-2007, 10:13 PM   #15
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
Hey Karl, after speaking to you today can you let me know what's happening with the eBay stuff? I forgot if I asked!
yes posted today, his money cleared on friday night so today was the first oppurtunity to post. tell him to call if he needs to cheers man.