Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-04-2005, 12:58 AM   #1
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

Angry GE Money

if you are sick of having all your own hair, normal blood pressure and no hernia, go to GE money. After a few phone calls, you will have pulled your hair out, burst a blood vessel and been carted off to the nuthouse. i have been working in teh finance industry for 19 years and i have never come across a bigger bunch of uncooperative, stupid and lazy morons.

essentially, i was due to pick up my new car over the weekend. the guy i am buying from has finance through GE, and do you think anyone could do something as simple as fax a payout figure to my finance provider? could they ****. a large number of phone calls were made, totally different stories told to the seller, including 'our fax is broken' (which someone else told me wasnt the case). in the end, i got on the phone and lost my temper and called them some unpleasant names. it doesnt do my mood any good to hear that i am talking to someone outside this country, but that is something for another thread....

anyway, they couldnt get a fax through in time, i cant get my car, vendor cant get their cash, and nobody is happy.

if anyone from GE is reading this, i hope you get dysentry.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 01:32 AM   #2
james

Dude i feel your pain with ****in finance people.

ANZ has screwed me around big time, now im heart broken i wont be able to get my Fairmont Ghia V8 :togo:

Arseholes
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 02:04 AM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I think some our old AGC stuff went to GE, can't get ****ing payouts unless we get a written letter from the owner...

Westpac on the other hand i just ring up and quote the account number, did 2 today very simple..
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 02:50 AM   #4
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

One golden rule...never deal with GE...never deal with AGC...and never ever take part in a harvey norman 2 year or whatever interest free deal....it's the ultimate rippoff. Save bickies and always pay cash......as for cars...i have always used Ford Credit....a little dearer than some...but their are great to deal with, in my experience in over 15 years in dealing with them. I purchase all my vehicles through ford credit....always have and always will.

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 03:09 AM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7
One golden rule...never deal with GE...never deal with AGC...and never ever take part in a harvey norman 2 year or whatever interest free deal....it's the ultimate rippoff. Save bickies and always pay cash......as for cars...i have always used Ford Credit....a little dearer than some...but their are great to deal with, in my experience in over 15 years in dealing with them. I purchase all my vehicles through ford credit....always have and always will.

Cheers.
Westpac are also quite good along with Esanda.

AGC don't even exist anymore, as for Ford credits they are alright if you ask them the right questoins and set limits, if you ask them for a general quote some of their prices can be way overloaded with commission for the dealer broker, I know this because I see their quotes quite regularly and its not hard to work out the interest rate they are getting with a good calculator, along with 5 year terms and high balloons at the end. :

Do your homework, shop around thats about the best advice I can give anyone.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 07:22 AM   #6
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Westpac are also quite good along with Esanda.

AGC don't even exist anymore, as for Ford credits they are alright if you ask them the right questoins and set limits, if you ask them for a general quote some of their prices can be way overloaded with commission for the dealer broker, I know this because I see their quotes quite regularly and its not hard to work out the interest rate they are getting with a good calculator, along with 5 year terms and high balloons at the end. :

Do your homework, shop around thats about the best advice I can give anyone.
AGC were bought out by GE Money as they now call themselves. I have to agree with shockwave too, Esanda are not overly bad to deal with.
As a lot of you know I work in insurance so I quite often get to see the trends as to who is the bigest (most popular) finacier. Esanda are right up there, next I would say St George finance, Only thing with St george finance they get podantic about how they get listed on insurance and that depends who you talk to or the one giving the loan, some examples here for ya.
Saint George Finance Limited
St George Finance Ltd
St George Bank Limited
St George Bank Finance Limited
St George Bank Finance Ltd
St George finance and the state of QLD
St george bank finance and the state of Queensland limited
St george bank finance and the state of Queensland LTD
All of the above with the variation of St as Saint.
For St george we would have over 100 different client bases with all the variations that they inisist on. quite often if limited is shortened to Ltd they will not accept it either.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:40 AM   #7
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Had my car paid out on GE Money just over a month ago. They were fine giving me the payout figure over the phone but repeated requests to fax the details to the car yard went on deaf ears. Finally the financial manager at Ford just said screw it, what was the payout figure?

Next week they took another payment out of my account! Thankfully they just sent a cheque for it, was going to give them a month and see what happened with the repayment.

Back with Ford Credit now, and as above have dealt with them before and they have been a little more expensive than most, but never had a problem with them.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 11:12 AM   #8
james

Ford Credit Seem the way to go, i have had hassles with Esanda, i can pay for the car and the parents went as gaurantours but they still were not happy. Even though the car is fine, they werent happy my parents were not banking with them. So i said stuff it. Im waiting to hear back from ford credit they didnt give any issues whatso ever.

**** the banks

I have been in my job for over a year now and pulling in good money and they still wont look at me. yet i know people on 1/2 the wage who have gotten more money than im asking for.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 11:29 AM   #9
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSgerry
if anyone from GE is reading this, i hope you get dysentry.
Lmfao :
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 11:30 AM   #10
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I went thru St George for my last loan and they were very professional.

Ge Finance/GE Creditline/AGC/etc are a bunch of tools. They're so hard to deal with, half the time you're not even talking to someone in Australia and getting them to do anything is such a pain.

The fact that you get slugged with massive interest if you don't pay things off in time doesn't worry, its just that they're difficult to deal with.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 06:07 PM   #11
xceler8shun
Ford Fanatic

Ive had 2 vehicles with Esanda, 1 with Ford Credit and 2 with St George Commercial and Automotive Finance and St George has been the best one to deal with so far.

I get instant payout figures, balances and faxes straight away whenever I call them.

I bought a TV off Harvey Norman about 4 years ago through AGC, the service wasnt too bad if you want something it took a bit to get it, but damn you miss a payment they get off their asses and are straight onto you.
xceler8shun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post