The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #61
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Default Re: oh! oh! it's growing on me

last three cars were
vs ute that went pretty hard
then swapped back to fords (first car was a ford)
ba xr8 ute
then traded up to the G6E turbo

cant see myself getting anything thats better than that tbh ($$$)
and i cant see myself ever buying another holden
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #62
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have hated the commodores ever since the first one came out......no reasoning as I have only ever driven one and that was a loner from a dealership, absolutely hated it

gotta admit when I got back in the ford it was like coming home to an old mate, an argumentative old mate but a mate just the same

I reckon I would go cruiser traytop next time IF I ever sold the Ford, cant see that happening in the short term

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #63
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
I have hated the commodores ever since the first one came out......no reasoning as I have only ever driven one and that was a loner from a dealership, absolutely hated it

gotta admit when I got back in the ford it was like coming home to an old mate, an argumentative old mate but a mate just the same

I reckon I would go cruiser traytop next time IF I ever sold the Ford, cant see that happening in the short term
so what was your brand of choice before the BA?
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #64
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had 3 magnas, 2 fours and a 6, toyota Hi-ace camper and to tow I had an LH Torana, 4 speed 202, modified for heavy pull, toyota crown was in there for a while and a nissan patrol

gotta admit I had a very soft spot for holden before the commodore, having owned a couple of HR'S and an EH (modified) but I just took an instant dislike to the little commodore, hate at first sight, which is stupid but thats what happened...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 14-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #65
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post

Love the logic there.... Hate them all because of one particular vehicle you drove. Does that mean I should hate the FG because I drove a clapped out XF once?
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #66
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ah! you obviously missed the "no reasoning" bit

I hated the commodore long before I ever drove one......no logic I just do!

matter of taste, I don't like egg fruit either.....only ate a couple of them!

Old 14-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #67
Mercury 8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was thinking the other day about cars and the way people drive/ treat them ect.Back in the day we used to drive our cars and do most if not all the maintaining to keep them in good shape ourselves,if they broke which they often did when modified we just got in and fixed them then had a chat down at the garage or at the pub on a Friday arvo over a beer and moved on.If the car continually broke we either jumped back in and fixed them or moved them on.These days if a car squeaks or rattles or lord forbid breaks modified or not the first thing a lot of people do ( not all mind you) is jump on the Internet and have a whinge. Some times it is justified but sometimes it is not,but because of the internet the whole world knows about it.We used to avoid things like fast glass,power hook ect to keep things simple and not have the inherent problems associated with such things, these days if a car hasn't got ABS,ESC,ASC,MVC,USB,Bluetooth ect ect people jump on the Internet and whinge and low and behold when all those fancy gizmo's give the inherent grief that comes with modern technology,guess what people do,jump on the the Internet and whinge. Can we see a pattern forming here.As much as some would like to think we live in a flawless world of technology the reality is these things have turned the modern motor car into a troublesome and somewhat complex beast.Ok I know I was a little off topic and all but I just had to jump on the Internet and have a whinge!!! I love my Ford's old and new and for the most part have been trouble free motoring.
Mercury 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #68
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not sure if the modern vehicle is a "troublesome beast" it is very complex but reliability wise I think these things are light years ahead

I guess when our young fellers get up a bit they will look back at these vehicles as "very simple"

we move with the times or we get left behind