Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-02-2005, 12:52 PM   #1
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Default Nitto tyres

About to purchase some 2nd hand Nitto tyres ( 555R's 245x45x17) to use soley for the drags.

There has been some comments on the forum lately about people using "STREET TYRES" and getting some really good times which is a great result.

I plan to use these Nittos for 2 reasons:

1.....to save my Dunlop 9000's
2.....to get a better time at the track

My question is a simple one I hope.....do you think I would get a better time with an edit without the Nittos or no edit but with Nittos?

I ask this because some people seemed to question my cars 13.42 because I was running Nittos and this gave me a greater advantage however I would've thought the edit gives you an advanatge as well, as does changing diff gears, and revised cold air etc etc...

Are these 555R's Street legal and do people perceive that by running the tyres it is "streching the rules"....I would've thought that if they are street legal then all they are doing is allowing the car to take full advantage of what other mods have been done to the car.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Brad

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post