Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2017, 09:27 PM   #11
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96paddywagon View Post
Hi all , my project is an xg Brunswick paddywagon petrol/gas It's been sitting for 3 years as the top of the A pillars we're cracked & leaking water ( been through the corroded bem module Location replacement to the glovebox ) then the fracked windscreen due to humidity & moisture - unregisterable so finally after 3yrs got the screen out & a mate to braise the cracked joint where the panno roof overlaid what was a ute roof . These where factory conversions for the police . So rust removal & a bit of new paint in the area got the new windscreen in . Next problem starting her - cleaned out the fuel tank from the top the filter sock on the electronic pump has disintegrated into the tank, got a replacement & new in line filter might fill the tank disconnect the old inline filter & run the old electric pump with new filter sock to flush out the left over debris already wiped it out a couple of times . Had a problem trying to start it last time it got moved 2 yrs ago so I figure a new battery & starter relay might be a good start . The blokes have been sitting around drinking beer giving me all the good oil as I do the work , well it is my car & they're all past working on other people's cars & im learning a lot so it's cool , these forums are a great source of knowledge. My question for the moment is where does the starter relay go , which one is it ? & are there 2 . What else could I do to give me a good chance of hearing that motor when I turn the key ? Besides top up all the fluids & reprogram the bem I know that will be a Pia . All advic gratefully recieved
Hi and welcome to AFF. There's a few threads you could check out.

The X Series Ford Club Forum. https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=89

The Post Classic Forum. https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=29

The Ute and Van Forum. https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=75

And there's a fair bit of information in the Tech resources area....link at the top of the page.