Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-08-2014, 08:01 PM   #1
Spurious

Default Gov' subsidized training courses. Are they a joke?A money making scam?

My main question here is, do private enterprise get a cash subsidy from the government for operating training courses?

I ask because I've noticed a bit of a trend over the past few years.

I'm inclined to think this way because over 2 years ago I signed up with a business here in Tassie called Work&Training. They wanted to get people signed up & inducted to serve as their labour hire staff pool. So I did.

But....in the past 2 years they've offered me a whopping 3 hours work!!!
I waited 2 weeks after the induction & then asked them for work. They said they have some coming up soon. This excuse was used a couple of times, then the trainer quit (my labour hire liaison), then they started saying there's not much happening at the moment.
3 months of waiting & then they gave me 3 hours sub contracted work...then nothing!

So my theory is that if they set up a training course...of sorts, that they can then get money from the government for doing so.

As of right now I'm registered with Job services Aus (Mission AUS). Yesterday (Friday) I got a text from them asking if I'd be interested in a Cert' 2 course in Agriculture....whatever that is.

Now today (Sat) I spotted an ad in a local paper that a Cert 2 Agriculture trainer is sought after.
So my theory is that if the people running the course get the trainer, then get a certain number of folks signed up, that they can then get a sub' from the gov' to run the course.

The reality is though that you can gain all the certificates you want & do all the training in the world but it won't help you get a job if you don't have the accumulated hours of experience on the job!

At this point I'm prepared to sign up to the course on the proviso they pay me a wage to participate or guarantee me a job at the end!
. Neither of which will happen I bet...THAT'S guaranteed!!!

So is anyone here on AFF a member of Job services AUS & wish to shed light on this scenario?

Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post