Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #21
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Default Re: $720 bill for service

Quote:
Originally Posted by not happy
-----
the car is a 2004 VY2-The issue I have is the fact I drove the car for over 2 years and 2 dealer w/shops didn't pick up on the fact the links were missing when doing services and rear end checks,they charge enough for servicing-I ended up having to replace the rear suspension cradle due to excessive wear due 2 all the movement in the rear end.I have had Fords and Commodores b4 and have fitted camber caster kits to previous Commodores

Firstly, these links have nothing to do with the rear suspension movement you describe. All they do is adjust the Toe, which wouldn't help with the camber problem you describe.

2ndly. Never come across a caster kit for the rear of a Commodore.

3rdly. Ever take the car in for a wheel alignment? Service centres very very rarely do this as part of the service. If so, why not blame the place that did the alignment for not picking up on these?

Enough said I think, as it's going off topic

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post