Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-02-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default VFacts Jan 2012 Falcon 950 sales!!!!!!!!!

Local hero no longer top dog in the Holden showroom as Australian-made cars continue their sales slide.

For the first time in its 34-year history the Holden Commodore has been outsold by a car in its own stable.

Having last year lost its crown as Australia’s favourite car for the past 15 years to the Mazda3, the Commodore suffered a further ignominy in January by being outsold by its smaller Cruze sibling.

Preliminary figures show the overall sales leadership for the month went to the Mazda3, which roared into the early lead with more than 4000 sales, putting it comfortably ahead of the Toyota Corolla (3300 sales) which led the market for the last four months of last year. The Cruze was a distant third with 2400 sales, ahead of the Commodore (2200).

Meanwhile, the Ford Falcon recorded its weakest sales month in more than 50 years.

Ford sold an estimated 950 Falcons in January – the first time on record the nameplate has dipped into a three-digit tally.

Ford Australia spokeswoman Sinead Phipps said Falcon sales were dented by hail damage to cars waiting to be trucked from the Broadmeadows factory to dealers.
my comment..really!!! I think thats a poor excuse.

“There was a significant number of Falcons and Territorys that couldn’t be shipped because of hail damage during a storm [at Broadmeadows] on Christmas Day,” Phipps told Drive.

Toyota was the biggest-selling brand in January with 14,000 sales, ahead of Holden (9000), which only narrowly beat Mazda (8500).

Korean car maker Hyundai has started the year ahead of Ford (6500 versus 5800 sales).

The preliminary figures come as Holden last night announced up to 200 job cuts and a restructure of its Adelaide production line, a little more than a week after Toyota Australia declared it would slash 350 jobs from its Melbourne factory workforce.

Managing director Mike Devereux said the jobs of Holden’s 2400 full-time factory workers were secure. However, about 100 casual jobs are in doubt and up to 100 fixed-term contracts may not be renewed.

The car maker is scaling back its capacity from 460 cars per day to 400 and cutting back to one shift instead of two on the general assembly line.

Holden said it will build the same number of cars as it built last year – approximately 90,000 – but would do so more efficiently.

“No permanent Holden employees are going to lose their jobs as a result of this. People on the afternoon shift are going to join their mates on the day shift,” Devereux told the Herald.

“Rather than have a slower line speed and two general assembly shifts we’re going to have a faster line speed with more people on one general assembly shift.”

Holden had grown its casual workforce in anticipation of reviving its export deals to North America and the Middle East. “[But] due to the high Australian dollar, the forecasted [export] growth that we were anticipating in our production for 2012 is not going to materialise,” he said.

Holden had known of the worker cutbacks for some time; late last year it told dealers it planned to wipe 5000 Commodores from its 2012 production forecast.
http://brisbanetimes.drive.com.au/mo...202-1qtzp.html

Last edited by csv8; 03-02-2012 at 02:28 AM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: VFacts Jan 2012 Falcon 950 sales!!!!!!!!!

wow we all new that was coming...and in one word....CRUZE
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #3
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Lets not mention that mkII is soon to be released and therefore many will hold off, especially considering there is some exciting stuff coming out with mkII.

Lets not panic, I feel 2012 will be a good year for Falcon.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:00 AM   #4
Fez WQ

Hailed damaged falcons dont sell
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 03:24 AM   #5
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Ford were offering customers who had ordered new Falcons that were hail damaged a $500 discount to take them, wow.

Local car industry not looking good at all, bring back tariffs.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:49 AM   #6
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Ford were offering customers who had ordered new Falcons that were hail damaged a $500 discount to take them, wow.

Local car industry: Bring out the screens and the vet with a shotgun.

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
Danny
GT4.

Quote:

Bumping up the already over inflated prices we suffer here for imported vehicles, thereby forcing us to buy a poorer less feature laden inferior product??

No thanks, Ford need to lift their game and make Falcon sell in the face of its competition, rather than penalising us for making a decision based on value and quality.....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #8
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Bumping up the already over inflated prices we suffer here for imported vehicles, thereby forcing us to buy a poorer less feature laden inferior product??

No thanks, Ford need to lift their game and make Falcon sell in the face of its competition, rather than penalising us for making a decision based on value and quality.....

every other car making country around the world protects their own industry with taxes and tariffs, except australia. i don't see the issue with it.

too many people only look inwards and worry about themselves rather than the bigger picture.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #9
martyk54

Quote:

This happened to me, the salesman did everything he could to make we wait for the repair before finally informing me of the likely discount amount... which was $500. This is the service you receive when dishing out for an XR6T Ute w/all the trimmings. The salesman wanted to show me the 'repaired' car and flash the keys in my face in person to try and get me to take the car away then and there. Salesman are scum, sorry but that's my opinion after 4 car purchases.. period. So my new car is being built this month to replace the repaired car, which no doubt the dealer will sell as 'brand new' to someone none the wiser.

I ordered in Nov last year... I would have thought my sale would have been recorded then? Surely hail damaged cars sitting on the Ford lot wouldn't have really make a difference to sales? Not unless people pulled out of contracts post-damage. I find it hard to believe that many people really demand an FGII off the dealer lot (which would be the factory damaged cars supposedly not soled)?? Doubt it.
martyk54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyk54
I ordered in Nov last year... I would have thought my sale would have been recorded then? Surely hail damaged cars sitting on the Ford lot wouldn't have really make a difference to sales? Not unless people pulled out of contracts post-damage. I find it hard to believe that many people really demand an FGII off the dealer lot (which would be the factory damaged cars supposedly not soled)?? Doubt it.
Sales are recorded as registrations, not factory builds.
Ford insists that dealers declare when new cars have been hail damaged
and customers can decide whether they accept them or take replacements.
The hail damage occurred after the plant was shut down for Christmas-New Year break
but there was word that some product was stored at another location and is undamaged.

I'm not sticking up for Ford but dealers have a duty to disclose, not to badger you into accepting
a less than perfect new car that loses heaps the moment you drive off the showroom floor...

A lot of the cars will be pre-delivery repaired using the paintless system to pull out dents,
I hear it's very good on small dents and will probably result in lots of people getting
extraordinary discounts on these new vehicles, they will all be sold...and not for $500 less.

Last edited by jpd80; 05-02-2012 at 07:17 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2012, 02:23 AM   #11
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:

Yep... bring back higher tariffs. And... increase government support.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #12
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT

Not panic? Hell, the falcon is effectively a minor bit-player with those numbers. It could be classified a niche. Ford will soon be 7th in terms of vehicle sales in the next 12 months based on projections from the past 10 years. Is this where they want to be? Is this where we want them to be? If not - then something really needs to change.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 04:06 AM   #13
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only $500 for Thousands of $ worth of damage? Typical Ford Australia, cant say i dont feel bad, which i dont.
falconnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #14
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconnut
Only $500 for Thousands of $ worth of damage? Typical Ford Australia, cant say i dont feel bad, which i dont.
No, that was for lightly damaged vehicles repaired prior to delivery using paintless dent repair.
Buyers were advised and if not acceptable, replacement vehicles would be built but be delivered in February.

About 1500 cars were hit with hail damage which was most of December's production and then the plant
was closed for a few weeks over the break so combined sales of around 2000 odd isn't too bad
considering what happened and that Ford were only back in production for 10-15 days...

Falcon 931
Territory 804
Ute 394
Mondeo 364
Focus 1575
Fiesta 888

Last edited by jpd80; 03-02-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #15
Rico 110s
Falcon follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
No, that was for lightly damaged vehicles repaired prior to delivery using paintless dent repair.
Buyers were advised and if not acceptable, replacement vehicles would be built but be delivered in February.

About 1500 cars were hit with hail damage which was most of December's production and then the plant
was closed for a few weeks over the break so combined sales of around 2000 odd isn't too bad
considering what happened and that Ford were only back in production for 10-15 days...

Falcon 931
Territory 804
Ute 394
Mondeo 364
Focus 1575
Fiesta 888
Well if this is what happened then that's not bad at all really, Holden don't have an excuse for such poor sales other than they must be happy with the Cruze white anting the Commodore.
It also doesn't help Ford sales when all news corporations report the poor sales of Ford but not say why or that Ford has taken a 102 million dollar loan when if fact Ford has not. (Green innovation fund 50m and the Ford NA 52m).
Rico 110s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #16
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconnut
I'm assuming that $500 discount *includes* repairs to the hail damage. I doubt they could legally sell a brand-new car with existing damage.
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #17
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Lets not mention that mkII is soon to be released and therefore many will hold off, especially considering there is some exciting stuff coming out with mkII.

FGII deliveries started just before Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
The hail must of missed Toyota's factory in Victoria....
It did, but Camry was smashed in sales too, 900 odd like Falcon.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
FGII deliveries started just before Christmas.

It did, but Camry was smashed in sales too, 900 odd like Falcon.
Er, no, Camry sold 1290 for the month, and was in 13th place. Falcon was in 23rd place!
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #19
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davez621
Er, no, Camry sold 1290 for the month, and was in 13th place. Falcon was in 23rd place!
Ok, must have misread the numbers, but either way that is a very poor month for Camry as well, they usually do well over 2000 a month, but none of the locals sell much in Jan.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #20
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davez621
Most of those Camry's would have been dealer demo's inline with the new model launch
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 07:13 AM   #21
burnz
VFII SS UTE

how did the terry go; anyone know??
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #22
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Oh my god people!

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #23
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Buyers don't want or need large rwd local cars and if they do they tend to buy a commodore - the sales nunbers have been telling us that for the last 4 or 5 years.

Even fleets have given up on Falcons/commodores - my neighbour used to get a new commodore every 2 years as part of his govenment job. He now gets a new Mazda3 every 24 months.
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #24
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Oh FFS...

The local heroes never do well in January because of plant shutdowns and everything else that goes on over Xmas/NYE. Add 1500 hail damaged cars to the mix, which couldn't be shipped to dealers for delivery (VFacts is based on new vehicle registrations) and it was always going to be a disastrous month.

But, of course, the sky is falling...

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #25
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Oh FFS...

The local heroes never do well in January because of plant shutdowns and everything else that goes on over Xmas/NYE. Add 1500 hail damaged cars to the mix, which couldn't be shipped to dealers for delivery (VFacts is based on new vehicle registrations) and it was always going to be a disastrous month.

all true, but the sky is always falling for some on here.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #26
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Oh FFS...

Are you blind? Or just choose to see the world through rose coloured glasses?

It is clear that January is always the slowest month for sales. But this January is poor compared with past January performances.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #27
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
Are you blind? Or just choose to see the world through rose coloured glasses?

It is clear that January is always the slowest month for sales. But this January is poor compared with past January performances.
except for dealer stock, Ford had basically nothing to sell in January, compare that to 12 months ago
when they had around 3,000 unsold XR6s, that was a lot of invested money sitting in the paddock.

Looking at Brodmeadows aerial shot from this time last year, the grass was full of Fords
but this year, there's barely a quarter of fifth of the cars there. I'm hearing that Ford is
rattling along at higher rates o try and get replacement cars out, hope demand increases
so they can maintain that level...

Last edited by jpd80; 03-02-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #28
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
except for dealer stock, Ford had basically nothing to sell in January, compare that to 12 months ago
when they had around 3,000 unsold XR6s, that was a lot of invested money sitting in the paddock.

Looking at Brodmeadows aerial shot from this time last year, the grass was full of Fords
but this year, there's barely a quarter of fifth of the cars there. I'm hearing that Ford is
rattling along at higher rates o try and get replacement cars out, hope demand increases
We are all hopeing Feb and Mar will be strong months.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 12:12 AM   #29
robbo/region15

Quote:

Most stock was moved to Proving grounds,keep it out of weather latter half of 2011.As you know we supply Broady,FPV aswell,We realy need things to pick up Quickly right across the board,its looking like early 90's all over again.......
robbo/region15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #30
olds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Oh FFS...

Just reading this
GM Holden
3 February 2012
www.holden.com

Holden has enjoyed a strong January sales result, with positive performances across a range of local and imported passenger and SUV models.

According to official VFACTS figures released today by the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries, Holden sales increased 8.1 per cent compared to January 2011 – well ahead of the market at 4.3 per cent – with the company selling a total of 9061 vehicles for 11.8 per cent market share.

The South Australian-built Cruze small car led Holden sales for the first time, with 2,445 sales for the month and 13.1 per cent share of the small car segment.

Cruze was closely followed by Commodore, which sold 2170 units in January for 49.7 per cent of the large car segment.

Holden’s seven-seat Captiva 7 kicked off 2012 as the second best-selling large SUV with 997 units and 13.8 per cent segment share. Its Captiva 5 stablemate also put in a strong performance with 662 units sold.

In only its third month of sales, the new-generation Barina Hatch contributed to an outstanding Barina result of 1,318 units and a healthy 13.8 per cent share of the competitive light car segment.

Holden Director of Sales Philip Brook said although January was traditionally a quieter month, recently-introduced models like the Series II Captiva, Barina and Cruze Hatch were proving hot property.

“Holden’s product renaissance is really picking up pace and key models are notching up very pleasing performances in their respective segments,” he said.

“We’ve got more exciting and diverse products in the pipeline, beginning with a new Barina sedan, which goes on sale this month. The sedan will add a new element of flexibility and choice to our Barina line-up, which is already a strong performer for Holden.

“As we speak, Holden experts are putting the finishing touches on the all-new Colorado light truck, and we expect it to be a serious challenger in the Australian light commercial market.

“And we’ve got a fantastic story to tell about our new mono-fuel LPG Commodore, which will offer customers large car practicality and reduced running costs, as we roll out the new LPG model line-up in the coming weeks.

“Our focus remains on building and selling the cars Australians want to buy and with a raft of new models due in the coming months, we’re looking forward to an exciting year ahead.”
olds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post