Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
PrincessZetec
Starter Motor

Unhappy Stereo for 2006 Zetec

Ahoi hoi...
I need some help!
I got my tax back and now i want to spend spend spend!
Thinking of getting a cd player for my car...
But i know no standard size CD head deck will fit in.. Does anyone know what to do??
Im lost!

Cheers :

PrincessZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Heys.

Welcome to the Forums.

You will need a double din facia adapter from www.ryda.com.au

Which will make a single din (normal one) fit the dash.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2008, 06:37 PM   #3
RJO89
EuroFordClub

You can also get them from www.fascias.com.au. I bought mine from there and got it within a week. It includes the fascia as well as a single pocket to fit underneath the head unit. Ends up looking like this:

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
blueprintxr
born into ford herritage

you can pick these up from most auto places that sell the brand "aerpro". they make all your audio bits and pieces
blueprintxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #5
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you lose any functionality with these aftermarket head units? I.E. the steering column controls for volume etc... ?
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #6
MW_WA
Starter Motor

Yes, if you just change the head unit you will lose the functionality of the steering column controls.

However, you can get devices that will interface these controls with many makes of car stereos. I've just bought a new Zetec and was determined to keep the controls for the new Alpine system I wanted. Turns out it is possible, thanks to a device from Stinger Electronics. Not cheap though ... it's around $250.

Not sure if it is the same device that would be used for previous Focus models, but your local car stereo place should be able to sort it out for you.
Old 27-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW_WA
Yes, if you just change the head unit you will lose the functionality of the steering column controls.

However, you can get devices that will interface these controls with many makes of car stereos. I've just bought a new Zetec and was determined to keep the controls for the new Alpine system I wanted. Turns out it is possible, thanks to a device from Stinger Electronics. Not cheap though ... it's around $250.

Not sure if it is the same device that would be used for previous Focus models, but your local car stereo place should be able to sort it out for you.
should be the same product for all Focus models considering that its primarily the same device, just larger in some newer focii

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post