Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-09-2005, 01:46 AM   #1
QUIKXR
Starter Motor

Question AU2XR8 ticking noise

I have this ticking noise in the behaind the pasanger headlight which is the purge valve. Ive taken it to ford , got a new one but it started ticking again. Does anyone know if you can make that stop, and how to make it stop?? Because ford told me that it will just keep coming.
Thanks guys

QUIKXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 03:00 AM   #2
Steve_T

Well, generally you hear it tick as loud as it does because the solenoid and/or hoses attached to it are pressing against the splash sheild in the wheel arch thus the noise resonates through the car body etc. I pulled my splash sheild off and stuck some adhesive foam rubber strips to the solenoid and hoses to insulate them against the splash sheild where they touch it and this quitened it down majorly for many months but eventually the foam rubber started to wear out lol.

Probably the only permanent fix might be to get a better solenoid valve (better noise dampened) from an electrical/industrial/truck supplies place etc. or else re-arrange the way it is mounted with some different hoses/adaptors etc. so it doesn't sit against anything. Both relatively easy options.

BTW - the ticking does not indicate any sorta problem with the solenoid - it's just what they do - it's just damn annoying is all lol.

Steve.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 09:49 AM   #3
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

yes it sucks ! Mine does off and on and I hate hearing it !
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post