Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

Question What's it worth?

Hoping there are some Fiesta owners out there that follow used car values. I'm wanting to find out what price I should be asking for the other halfs 2005 Fiesta Zetec. It is silver with red interior and has about 36,000 kms on the clock. Pics below...

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Any help would be much appreciated

Seano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

should be looking at about 15-17g

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 02:10 AM   #3
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
should be looking at about 15-17g
Oooh a bit more than I thought

Thanks mate ;)
Old 13-06-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Yer... you would of gotten more if you had sold Before the XR4 was released.

i know mate....im in a worse situation......try 90,000km 3yrs old.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 10:45 AM   #5
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

www.redbook.com.au should have a list of used car prices etc.

Hope that helps. I'll look it up when I get home... computer at work = slow.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
bman

15k....

- 17 x Ford Falcon XT BF - Within my Fleet -
- 4 x Ford Falcon XR6 BF - Within my Fleet -
- 110 x Mitsubishi Express - Within my Fleet -
- 2 x Hyundai iLoad - Within my Fleet -
bman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 01:22 PM   #7
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yea, around the $15,000 mark I'd say Seano

I'm also selling my 2006 WQ Zetec with 21k on it for $15,700 ONO....."if anyones interested"....... :

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=104053
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #8
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
www.redbook.com.au should have a list of used car prices etc.

Hope that helps. I'll look it up when I get home... computer at work = slow.
I don't know how they work out their prices on redbook. According to them, my XR5 is only worth $27,200 - $30,700 :(

Thanks for all the input so far though... very helpful.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:57 AM   #9
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

The Fiesta is now for sale HERE
Old 01-07-2007, 10:21 AM   #10
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seano, iv'e just sold my 06 WQ Zetec for $15,500

The new owner is a 56 year old lady, she and her husband came to have a look at the car on Friday night, they never even took it for a drive, just had a look around it and then proceeded to pull out lots of "folding stuff" totalling 15.5k rolled up $50 bills out of her handbag!!..........I was gobsmacked!!........who walks around with that sort of cash in their bag?, i'm lucky to have $10 in my wallet, on a good day!!
Old 01-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #11
Steffo
LPG > You

If you're patient, you can get $14,000 - $16,000 for it.

If you're in a hurry to trade, you can get $9,000 - $11,000 for it depending (Ford were offering $11k on mine... 05 WP Zetec, 16s like yours, 36,970km).
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #12
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
The new owner is a 56 year old lady, she and her husband came to have a look at the car on Friday night, they never even took it for a drive, just had a look around it and then proceeded to pull out lots of "folding stuff" totalling 15.5k rolled up $50 bills out of her handbag!!..........I was gobsmacked!!........who walks around with that sort of cash in their bag?,
Blood money.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 12:46 PM   #13
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

My crystal ball see's a white XR4 in Robs driveway very soon. Am I right?
Old 01-07-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I got $12,000 trade in for mine a little over one year ago.

Had 29,000kms on it. Was the best I could get at the time.

Mind you I got a really good deal on the new car! (so, in essence I went with the cheapest change-over price)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #15
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Seano, iv'e just sold my 06 WQ Zetec for $15,500

The new owner is a 56 year old lady, she and her husband came to have a look at the car on Friday night, they never even took it for a drive, just had a look around it and then proceeded to pull out lots of "folding stuff" totalling 15.5k rolled up $50 bills out of her handbag!!..........I was gobsmacked!!........who walks around with that sort of cash in their bag?, i'm lucky to have $10 in my wallet, on a good day!!
I hope I find a little old lady that wants to throw wads of cash at me for the Fiesta :P
Old 01-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #16
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
If you're patient, you can get $14,000 - $16,000 for it.

If you're in a hurry to trade, you can get $9,000 - $11,000 for it depending (Ford were offering $11k on mine... 05 WP Zetec, 16s like yours, 36,970km).
We've already purchased another vehicle so no need to trade. I'm asking $14,800, which I think is reasonable for the car and hopefully ensures a quick sale.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:54 PM   #17
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
My crystal ball see's a white XR4 in Robs driveway very soon. Am I right?
Very Nearly John, went down my local Ford Dealer who had 3 XR4's, a Performance Blue one, a Red one and a White one, all with stripes, the White one was the pick for me, it looked great!!, could have got one for $25,500 driveaway........but didn't.

The XR4 was a bit quicker than the Zetec, nice subtle bodykit, comfortable seats etc, handled well but apart from that pretty much the same animal including unfortunately the same bad traits that I didn't enjoy about the Zetec..........2 that come immediately to mind are that the XR4 shares the same rust issue in the front end components as all the other WQ's and unfortunately the XR4 also has exactly the same gear ratios as the Zetec which in my opinion makes the car rev far too high particularly in 5th gear which makes the car fairly useless out on the open highway, 100km/h = 3300rpm, way too much imo, other than that great little car for scooting around the suburbs, would make for a lot of fun.

At the same time we were also looking around to update the missus car who had a 2000 model 1.8 Lancer, after looking at many others we ended up back at the Mitsubishi dealer having a look at new Lancers which have a 2.4 Mivec (VVTi) engine which develop 115kw, very impressive cars, excellent build quality, incredibly quiet and smooth, good performance and a 5 year/130,000km bumper to bumper warranty, 10 years/160,000kms on the mechanicals and 5 year roadside assistance to boot, no other manufacturer came even close to offering such a warranty, Mitsubishi must be extremely confident in their products to be able to offer it.

In the end we ended up buying 2 of them, a Gunmetal Grey Metallic LS Luxury model for the missus and a Red VRX model for me just like the one in the pic.

Completely different machine to the Fiesta, both have their good and bad points as does any car, the Lancer is so smooth, comfortable and quiet but lacks the "go kart fun on tap" handling of the Fiesta, the Lancer is not as much fun to hoot around town as the Fiesta, but out on the open highway it's a whole different ballgame, this is where the Lancer comes into it's own, it just flies!!,....... the 2.4 Mivec is just so smooth and effortless, it eats the long stretches of tarmac in front of you with complete ease whilst maintaining noise levels inside the cabin to an almost silent serene environment, just a tiny bit of wind noise running past the side mirrors and a bit of light tyre noise but apart from that.........."nothing," .......it really is one of the quietest cars iv'e ever driven, very impressed so far, but in saying that, to all of you who do opt for an XR4 over anything else out there i'm sure you'll be in for a lot of fun times with it, very enjoyable little car.

Here's a pic of what I got from the Mitsi website

Old 01-07-2007, 08:42 PM   #18
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Nice choice in cars. Although you got the part about the Gear ratios wrong, the xr4 has a much longer diff ratio and revs lower at highway speed 3000rpm.

We have both those cars in the family (A LS CL and a Base model Lancer with 2.4L Mivec) so you have a good taste in cars
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #19
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Interesting choice.
You're right about the gearing, I'm driving from here to Wagga Wagga & back next week & it's only just tolerable on the highway. Luckily I don't do much of that on a day to day basis. An XR4 would be great, but I think I want something more than that for my next car.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #20
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seano
Hoping there are some Fiesta owners out there that follow used car values. I'm wanting to find out what price I should be asking for the other halfs 2005 Fiesta Zetec. It is silver with red interior and has about 36,000 kms on the clock. Pics below...

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Any help would be much appreciated
Put yourself in the place of a buyer. How much would you pay for it? Everyone wants it their own way.... they want a bargain when they are buying, and absolute top dollar when they are selling. There is a fair price somewhere in the middle.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #21
Marshy79

Quote:
I don't know how they work out their prices on redbook. According to them, my XR5 is only worth $27,200 - $30,700 :(

Thanks for all the input so far though... very helpful.
Jah..... ive had lots of fights over the last month in regards to renewing insurance.

For some crazy reason... they are well under priced.

After haggling and hassling i got mine worth 37,500.... and its a year old.
Mine has leather as well to add to the total cost...

Its crazy!

Good luck with the sale ^_^
Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #22
TheColonel

My 2006 WQ Zetec is insured for $19500
TheColonel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 02:36 PM   #23
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
Put yourself in the place of a buyer. How much would you pay for it? Everyone wants it their own way.... they want a bargain when they are buying, and absolute top dollar when they are selling. There is a fair price somewhere in the middle.
Well I took onboard the prices that various forum members said it was worth and went just under that. There aren't many being sold privately, but the dealers are asking $1000 - $2000 more than what i'm asking... so yeah, i'd buy it for that ;)
Old 02-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #24
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Well I took onboard the prices that various forum members said it was worth and went just under that. There aren't many being sold privately, but the dealers are asking $1000 - $2000 more than what i'm asking... so yeah, i'd buy it for that ;)
Good luck with it. You should see that beating I took on a new BF XR8. Bought in december 05. It is worth a little over half of what its new car price was. I kinda hope that the orion is a flop. I might get a little more if I decide to sell it.