Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

Default Fighting a Red light camera fine

Ok I may cop it for this.

Driving towing a 8x5 trailer with about 30 bricks in it and traveling Well below the 60kph limit, had this DH in a camry try several times to pass me on the inside which he fails to do due to parked cars, as I approach a known speed and red light camera intersection the lights go to amber, i have a choice,

1/ coast on thru and maybe not make it, or
2/ stand on the anchors???

As i am not going fast i stand on the anchors, only to hear a horn then you guessed it, I get HIT FROM BEHIND !!! This clown has tried to go up the inside again, and hit me.

Off the brakes and back on again, i am in the intersection, What can i do, but keep going, now at walking pace, as the DH passes me on the left and FLASH!!!!

Then he takes off, ok so i tried to catch up, but not a good idea to pursue him, so i stop, get out and check for damage, none to speak of as i built the trailer myself, SOLID.

So where does this leave me with the red light fine, can i fight it ???

Cheers CANT!!

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
cant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did you report this to the Police when it happened ?

Having a police report on the other driver and the 'accident' may support your case.
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I can't tell from your description who tripped the red light camera, seems like you describe he did but then you think you're the one stuck with the fine...? I'm obviously missing something as I can't think of any scenario where he could run into you then get around you without blasting through a red and not be the focus of a holiday snap.

I'd be straight down the cop shop for a hit and run, even better if, during your short pursuit, you managed to jot down DH's licence plate. I'm assuming most red light cameras also detect speed...? If you're at walking pace into the intersection and you have your story down as record then I believe you have a case.

If there's no damage to the trailer, the impact had to be absorbed somewhere. I'd check under your car, particularly where the tow bar mates with the body.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Report the accident and hopefully his rego shows up on the camera pic.

Old 13-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #5
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes you can fight it. Which state are you in?

You actually need to not pay the ticket if you get one and the go to court. As mentioned above the police report will help. Talk to a solicitor as well.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #6
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

Thanks guys, didnt do the Vic police thing, originally didnt think it was worth it as i didnt have any real damage (been back out for a look at the trailer) wasnt much of a shunt, just enough of a tap that i freaked.

Wont go the cops, they have better things and real crims to deal with, but will be nominating to go to court to fight it.

Thanks Guys

CANT!!!!

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
cant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #7
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant
Wont go the cops, they have better things and real crims to deal with, but will be nominating to go to court to fight it.
I'd recommend going to the police and putting the report in if you intend on fighting it. If not, you might get questioned in court over why you hadn't reported it etc.

It can only help to have a police report number, and it shouldn't take up much of your or their time for it to be done.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #8
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant
Thanks guys, didnt do the Vic police thing, originally didnt think it was worth it as i didnt have any real damage (been back out for a look at the trailer) wasnt much of a shunt, just enough of a tap that i freaked.

It's what they're there for. If you don't lodge a police report and provide details of the other driver and the accident, how would you expect a court to believe your story?
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 09:34 PM   #9
FPV GT40
Banned

Have you actually received a fine??

Were both cars in the intersection when the flash went off??

And I do not quite understand why you went into the intersection when you were stopping, and where was the other car at the time??

You should have reported it to police, takes about 10 minutes to do, and if the photo shows his vehicle not only will peanut get a fine for the red light, but also for 'fail to stop at the scene of a motor vehicle accident' as well as 'neg drive' or 'follow too close to stop safely' ticket.

Hopefully it will be enough to have him think about his on the road behaviour while catching the bus or train.
FPV GT40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #10
SVD

fight that for sure! there is no real reason they can appose it, you did the safe thing by moving the cars away from the rest of traffic, thats the way i look at it.
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #11
alter_EGOXR
BF MKII XR6

report to the cops ASAP..tell them exactly what happened...you should be able to get off this fine, if they catch the ...and as for the bastard, i hope he gets slapped with a hefty repair job...good work on building a solid trailer :P
alter_EGOXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 11:10 PM   #12
Trendseeker

I think you should request a copy of the red light camera photograph before you go to court. If there is no sign of the other car in the photo, how well do you think your story will sound when you stand up and say a driver hit the rear of your trailer, left no damage, drove away, you didn't see his rego number and you didn't report it to the police? Reporting it to the police doesn't take up much of their time; you're the one who has to fill in the form.
Trendseeker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #13
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is no police form for 'some knob made me run a red light'. What you can do is wait and see what happens. Not all cameras work all the time and it's possible there may be influences that invalidate the photo and you never see it.
Make notes now. Make notes of everything you saw, felt and did. Should you receive the fine, get a solicitor and don't try this for yourself.
Either that or pay it.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #14
Trendseeker

I think there is a police form for reporting an accident which shunts you into the intersection. Paying the fine might be cheaper than the other option.
Trendseeker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 10:21 PM   #15
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is an accident form, it's going to be short in this case. No damage, no rego, nothing really.
I think there will be 2 cars in the picture, if he does get the fine he will be most likely able to identify the other car.
The real moral of the story is that any camry on the road is a warning sign in itself. The Volvo of the recession.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #16
LTDHO
The one and only

Ha ha ha ha @ going to the police!!! That's funny stufff. You guys crack me up. Thanks

CANT as you said they have better things to do and a police report will mean 2/5 of jack in court. Anyone can lodge a police report and say what they will.

If you were hit and pushed into the intersection, then you have a case. If you were not pushed, then pay up and move on.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #17
Mr. CVE
If it aint Blown it Sucks

I would have a look at the photo, that may show you more of what happened. then you can decide if you have any sort of case or not.
They may have just picked your car from the pic.
you can go down there and view the photo for free.
320 rwkw, 810 nm torque, 280rwkw @3000 rpm !! :thebirds:
Now for sale
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11296772

Thanks to Snort Performance, Headsex and CVE
Street car DeTomaso Pantera
Drag car 1995 Mustang, Haleys Comet ( It's back !)
Power by CVE
Melbourne's first SNIPER Tuner :
Now tuning E series
Mr. CVE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #18
shpeedie
Starter Motor

i'd fight it for sure, no harm in trying to get off considering it was the stupid tools fault that hit you.
shpeedie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post