Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
anarchyok

Default Commodore (insert rude word here)

The wife and I were just driving the 400m up the the shops (it was raining and we needed to buy lots, i'm not lazy!!) and a VP commodore wagon overtook us around a bend, then proceeded to wiggle the car up the road and then lost it, spun 180 and across the oncomming lane, and slammed into a parked commodore. He then burned off before we could even get his plates. We get out to have a look, and he's cracked the alloys on the parked commodore. Ouch. And this parked commodore was out the front of a panel beater, and freshly waxed, so im guessing its a job just finished....damn!

So if anyone sees a white VP wagon in the ringwood area, PM his number plate...he'll have damage down the passenger side of his car, with blue paint on it from the other commodore.

Old 25-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
Clint Eastwood
5.4L V8

Geez,there realy are some nutter's out there,I hope this bloke gets caught and thrown in jail.
Clint Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
anarchyok

Yeh we couldn't believe what an idiot he was....and then to just nick off without even stopping. People have no responsibility these days...
Old 25-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #4
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

first of all go an report it to the local police station

give them a full description of what you saw

and then hope like hell that your car doesnt become the next victim of this

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 08:38 PM   #5
tetgreg888

Good work mate I can only hope this get caught, I`m sick to death of people damaging others property and just doing a runner, happened to my car at the local shops no one got his number, the cops couldn`f do anything and it cost me $900 to fix, not worth screwing my insurance primiuns over but plenty of cabbage out of my pocket
tetgreg888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 08:42 PM   #6
anarchyok

Yeh I feel awful for the guy whose parked car it was, and mad because he was out of control already when he over took us (up a suburban, single lane 60km street). I've left my details with the panel beaters, who were calling the police, so I'll give them a statement if they choose to call me, otherwise I've told the panel beaters to give the parked car owner my number if he wants me as a witness. Just hope this idiot is taken off the roads, I've seen too many idiots over the easter break.
Old 25-03-2008, 08:48 PM   #7
anarchyok

Oh yeh, and I have his hubcap too lol
Old 25-03-2008, 09:24 PM   #8
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Mongrels. This is on of my pet hates, people just don't give a , yet if it happened to them they would be jumping up and down screaming about how stupid and irresponsible some people are. Morons.
Old 25-03-2008, 09:46 PM   #9
XPfalcon170

flamin commo hoons. When i was leaving portland to go to melbourne after christmas last year, had a p-plate vp driver tailgating me out of town. The typical hoon stereotype - 17-18, seat so far back he may aswell just be in the back seat, and one arm barely grasping the steering wheel - he got a bit impatient and overtook me over double lines approaching a righthander. As he overtook, he hit a few bumps and then nearly lost control of the car. Judging by how low the car sat in the back, i'm guessing he removed the rear springs. A very reckless temporary australian if you ask me. Have to say, i have seen more commodore hoons than falcons. Sounds bias on a ford forum, but that is what i have come to see on my travels.
XPfalcon170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 10:02 PM   #10
anarchyok

Well the cops just rang and I've gotta give a statement. I hope for the sake of the owner of the parked car, and to remove a hoon, they catch him/her.

I'll keep y'all posted. I know a few forum members live in ringwood, so keep an eye out guys. Apparently, he's a local who does that run daily...
Old 25-03-2008, 10:14 PM   #11
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What colour was the parked Commodore?
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 10:17 PM   #12
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lock him/her up and throw away the key!

Maybe there are prints on the hub cap? You never know, they might have a record, they definately sound like the type.
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 10:21 PM   #13
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchyok
Well the cops just rang and I've gotta give a statement. I hope for the sake of the owner of the parked car, and to remove a hoon, they catch him/her.

I'll keep y'all posted. I know a few forum members live in ringwood, so keep an eye out guys. Apparently, he's a local who does that run daily...
lol, i bet that doesn't happen every day tho.....hope they do catch him and give him what he deserves, i'd let the guy whose car he hit crush his in front of him
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #14
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

And I bet the parked Commodore was getting repaired because the same hoon smashed into it once before.
Old 25-03-2008, 11:49 PM   #15
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What an idiot - I had one tonight who I overtook (they were doing 45 in an 80 zone) then this idiot puts on high beam and driving lights and sat extremely close.

I also sympathize for the owner of the parked car - I had an idiot run into my car and damage the rear bar when I had only owned it for a week - I was absolutely devastated that they just drove off without leaving any details leaving me to foot the bill. I haven't even bothered fixing it so far.

Hopefully they catch up with him and lock him up because it sounds like the only way to solve the problem.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2008, 12:04 AM   #16
anarchyok

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3ts50
What colour was the parked Commodore?
Dark Blue...poor thing is still sitting on the side of the road, i've had to drive past it about 5 times since the accident. The owner would have no idea still I suspect. I should grab some pics...its rear quarter panel is stuffed, and the alloy has a huge crack and the wheel is sitting at a very odd angle to the axle...possible write off even...

Reading between the lines, I have a suspicion the police know who it is...
Old 26-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #17
anarchyok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodes-sh
lol, i bet that doesn't happen every day tho.....hope they do catch him and give him what he deserves, i'd let the guy whose car he hit crush his in front of him
I like that idea!

When it happened, the wife was puttering along in her little Peuguot, if I'd been driving, I'd have tried to follow at a safe enough distance to get the plates...ah well...
Old 26-03-2008, 12:11 AM   #18
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

I'd laugh if he was a local and took his car to the same smash repairers to get it fixed :
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2008, 12:16 AM   #19
anarchyok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
I'd laugh if he was a local and took his car to the same smash repairers to get it fixed :
Mate, don't laugh, in Ringwood many of the natives would be dumb enough to do just that. One of the guys in the office just where the crash happened mentioned he'd seen the guy around before, and thought he'd seen the car at one of the many panel beaters in the area...I suspect this guy will get caught eventually...
Old 26-03-2008, 01:10 AM   #20
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

I hope that any police you contact are more willing to do something about it than the cops in Brisbane are...

Few years back was driving home with my sister in the passenger seat along a reasonably busy main rd in Red Hill. Saw some woman in my rear view mirror on a course straight for a bunch of parked cars. Her front left guard hit the rear right guard of one car, she bounced off (either by her turning the wheel or from the impact), then went straight off into another car, then another, then another. I think in total she managed to sideswipe 4 or 5 cars.

By this stage I am swinging a u-turn and come back to see if there's anyone seriously injured and I see the dumb b-tch has stopped her car a bit further up the road past the other cars and is running back to take a look at the damage. She has a quick look, realises that a) I'm watching and b) she's royally shagged several cars.

Then she bolts back into her shtty Excel hatch and takes off at the speed of sound. I took off after her in the Falcon, caught up to her but gave up chasing her when she hit 85 in a 60 zone trying to avoid me (I'd rather not cause an accident or get a fine). We did manage to get her rego details, make and model of her car and a good physical description of the her.

So I went back, couldn't find any of the owners (middle of the day) and didn't have other paper to leave notes so we left and went home to contact the po-po.

The silly cow at the Brisbane Central traffic branch more or less told me to rack off and that they didn't want to know about it unless I was involved. The least they could've done is taken this stupid woman's details down and made her car a vehicle of interest. I'm sure that the poor bastards who had their cars ruined by this woman would've appreciated it.
Old 26-03-2008, 02:41 AM   #21
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
The silly cow at the Brisbane Central traffic branch more or less told me to rack off and that they didn't want to know about it unless I was involved. The least they could've done is taken this stupid woman's details down and made her car a vehicle of interest. I'm sure that the poor bastards who had their cars ruined by this woman would've appreciated it.
OK Ill bite. Silly cow aside, did you bother to ring the Police Station that is closest to the scene? Or did you limit yourself to the one phone call?

Jesus people, if you dont get an appropriate response from one Police employee, ring another and then mention the first person you spoke to.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #22
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
OK Ill bite. Silly cow aside, did you bother to ring the Police Station that is closest to the scene? Or did you limit yourself to the one phone call?
Uh I called the one at Roma St, the headquarters (its also now a proper police station). Its the closest actual police station (Milton Station is only a police beat, not a proper police station).

Quote:
Jesus people, if you dont get an appropriate response from one Police employee, ring another and then mention the first person you spoke to.
I asked to speak to someone else, the same thing was said. They told me they did not want to know unless I was actually involved in the accident.

I also called them about a drunk driver one night and they were more helpful but told me they couldn't do anything because I couldn't give them a description of the driver (it was bloody dark!).

I also called them to attend an accident I was in once... 3 1/2 hours later nobody had showed so both me and the other party decided to not bother (even though we were technically breaking the law by not have the police attend the scene).
Old 26-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #23
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
In that situation take note of their badge number and then make a complaint to police higher up. They get a boot up the clacker and next time might make some effort.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2008, 02:28 PM   #24
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Uh I called the one at Roma St, the headquarters (its also now a proper police station). Its the closest actual police station (Milton Station is only a police beat, not a proper police station).

I asked to speak to someone else, the same thing was said. They told me they did not want to know unless I was actually involved in the accident.

I also called them about a drunk driver one night and they were more helpful but told me they couldn't do anything because I couldn't give them a description of the driver (it was bloody dark!).

I also called them to attend an accident I was in once... 3 1/2 hours later nobody had showed so both me and the other party decided to not bother (even though we were technically breaking the law by not have the police attend the scene).

Reporting a crime is a good thing, but you seem to have the 'need' a lot more than most people. Maybe that has something to do with the response, maybe they have your number on caller ID. j/k

Attending the accident, yeah that happens, police are overworked. They can only be in one place at a time, and as a result of shortfalls in numbers they often need to be in two. Dont blame the police, blame those who foot the bill. There was a news story a few months ago (maybe a few weeks) whereby some tenants of a block of units (I think) had apprehended some nutter, called the cops and waited 45 minutes for them to show. They had to let the guy go, and cops showed up hours later, or never did, cant remember which. Again, cant blame the police themselves, its those who pay the bills, Police are badly understaffed.

As for the lady doing the runner, unless theres more to the story than youre letting on, I cant agree that you wouldnt get someone to take down your details, the other cars details and wait for a complaint from one of the owners of the damaged cars, not if you tried more than the lady you spoke to first. Having her transfer you is a tad daft, she would just hand you to someone sitting beside her. Or change her voice, j/k.
Old 26-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #25
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
.....There was a news story a few months ago (maybe a few weeks) whereby some tenants of a block of units (I think) had apprehended some nutter, called the cops and waited 45 minutes for them to show. They had to let the guy go, and cops showed up hours later, or never did, cant remember which. Again, cant blame the police themselves, its those who pay the bills, Police are badly understaffed.....
Its funny you mention cops being understaffed with this situation. I find here in SA we are inundated with cops finding hidey holes to catch drivers doing 5km over the limit on the southern expressway for example, yet if something like the news you mention happens, it just makes my blood boil. I regard a bum being apprehended because he has was a danger to the public more threatening than someone speeding 5km over. This is just a personal opinion mind you.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #26
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Its funny you mention cops being understaffed with this situation. I find here in SA we are inundated with cops finding hidey holes to catch drivers doing 5km over the limit on the southern expressway for example, yet if something like the news you mention happens, it just makes my blood boil. I regard a bum being apprehended because he has was a danger to the public more threatening than someone speeding 5km over. This is just a personal opinion mind you.
Until you drive every last km of road in SA and log the number of police you see patrolling highways, youre confusing reality with what you 'notice'.

Homicide do not investigate break ins, highway patrol do not investigate homicides. There are reasons for this, its called specialising and that results in people who are highly skilled in particular facets of police work. Society has needs for all aspects of policing. Id argue the Highway patrol are also understaffed, I dont see one every time I drive.

You can delude yourself the argument about 5 k over as valid, it misses the point. There would be little point to a speed limit if it wasnt policed. The limit is a line in the sand, before which you are not fined, after which you are no different to someone well over it, except in severity of penalty. That lower penalty is the recognition by society that 5 k over isnt as bad as 50 k over, a recognition most people seem to overlook in their ill founded argument.

What youre really arguing is its only a little law, and breaking it doesnt really matter, and thats just wrong. ITS THE LAW, DONT BREAK IT, if you do break it and are caught, dont whine like a schoolgirl. If you feel the speed limit is too low, then campaign to have it increased, but dont suggest the limit whatever it is shouldnt be policed.

Last edited by fmc351; 26-03-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 26-03-2008, 04:33 PM   #27
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Damn Hommodore drivers!!Im sick of them. Nearly every bad smash on the news is a Hommodore and it really $h!ts me why people do this. Either Commodores are really crap to drive and handle or every bad driver decides to buy one to impress his bad driver mates.
Thats my opinion anyway.Ive had my car damaged by people that just drive off and it drove me up the wall to not know who it was.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2008, 04:51 PM   #28
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Until you drive every last km of road in SA and log the number of police you see patrolling highways, youre confusing reality with what you 'notice'.

Homicide do not investigate break ins, highway patrol do not investigate homicides. There are reasons for this, its called specialising and that results in people who are highly skilled in particular facets of police work. Society has needs for all aspects of policing. Id argue the Highway patrol are also understaffed, I dont see one every time I drive.

You can delude yourself the argument about 5 k over as valid, it misses the point. There would be little point to a speed limit if it wasnt policed. The limit is a line in the sand, before which you are not fined, after which you are no different to someone well over it, except in severity of penalty. That lower penalty is the recognition by society that 5 k over isnt as bad as 50 k over, a recognition most people seem to overlook in their ill founded argument.

What youre really arguing is its only a little law, and breaking it doesnt really matter, and thats just wrong. ITS THE LAW, DONT BREAK IT, if you do break it and are caught, dont whine like a schoolgirl. If you feel the speed limit is too low, then campaign to have it increased, but dont suggest the limit whatever it is shouldnt be policed.
Without getting into a full blown debate. I agree with the 5k over points, well said. Back on topic, I just wanted to make a statement that perhaps there maybe a little too much attention on revenue over some a person who was detained. I find it a tad lop sided thats all.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2008, 04:51 PM   #29
Ringo
I see you....

Interesting story and yes I reackon your right…I reckon the cops will have an idea or two who it could be, particularly if he's local.

Just the desciption of white VP wagon, missing hubcap, damage and blue paint smears and a nervous driver are a pretty good start.

OK and with that should we begin the countdown until this thread is closed for CommyDore bashing?

10, 9, 8, 7, 6...
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #30
ELtim
Six One Eight

I hate it when people do this.

Somebody reversed into my EF in the Barossa and did a runner. Nobody was around to see it or get his plates but I got his tail light.

Luckily it did no damage to my car.

For Sale: Year Old Gas System
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=2644272#post2644272
ELtim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post