View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 08:22 PM   #1073
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

The triumph over adversity (not really). Gave one of the guys on my service team a hand today on the project he is on. All the projects guys are tied up on a project thats running terribly because its being run extremely inefficiently. So the job i gave a hand on is running well, taking into consideration 95% of the work has been done by 1 guy and done well, so it should, he was my apprentice way back when. So i was just helping out with the 2 handed stuff like lifting down big tvs and stuff. But he had an issue. The tiler didnt cut the hole for a power point in the kitchen big enough. The tiles were stuck to a wooden backboard so not terrible. Had it been gyprock, that would need a different approach. The site manager was floating around like the bad smell he is, and had kittens when i asked for the hammer drill. He was going troppo that id crack the tile and carrying on. I said watch me. I wasnt using the hammer drill on hammer. Its tiles. Im not an idiot. Marked up, ran the ramset on drill only to just get through to the wood so i could use wood screws to mount the outlet. The bloke i was helping out learnt a new trick out of my book of experience (i omit that it takes many mistakes to learn the tricks), and the site manager who 'used' to be a builder proved hes a site manager because he probably wasnt a very good builder.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote