Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 27-10-2018, 12:21 PM   #62
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

G'day guys ...I walked into Mitre 10 late yesterday afternoon to buy sanding disc's and rivets for a couple of home projects i'm doing and .......

walked out with them of course AND ..

1 x Makita 140 cc lawn mower for $369 and a Rockwell battery pack line trimmer for $129. ..Put the line trimmer battery on charge (lithium ion 18 V) last night and tried it this morning before rain arrived..did a trim along my back fence and was very happy with the result . Big jobs or heavy going will be reserved for my brushcutter (Jonsered TL33) of course but this little battery trimmer is light as buggery , has the flower guard an will be great for the quick trim jobs .

The Makita mower is the 140cc 4 stroke Briggs and Stratton , comes with a big capacity 60 litre catcher and mulching option . The book is comprehensive too . Very happy and will try it once the rain quits ..typical !!!!! hasn't rained for the past two weeks ...

Looked at the comparable Victa they had in stock too ..Nice mower but was $440 .

Obviously I didn't really need another mower but I'll give away the older MDT that I have to a nearby friend if she wants it . She was going to buy one just to potter around with now she's retired . Otherwise I'll sell it for a few bucks ..

Then , I'll have the Husky ride on , the Rover 2 stroke with Suzuki motor , the MTD side throw 4 stroke , Victa 2 stroke , the Jonsered Brush cutter , the Rockwell battery line trimmer , Jonsered HT21 hedge trimmer , Poulan 14" chainsaw , Farm Boss chainsaw and now these two mowing items.

....and a Cox ridey to one day restore and very elderly Echo trimmer also to get going again ..

Will post a photo or two of the new additions too ..

No excuses for long grass now . The most expensive rivots and sandpaper I've ever bought though ..Cheers

Last edited by roddy1960; 27-10-2018 at 12:26 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: