View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 12:39 AM   #11
mcsweenyfives

Default Re: MD Mondeo - 5000km Check in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan View Post
Hi All,

thought it was about time i checked in.... Mondeo Wagon Trend 2017.

So - 5000km Since May.

Not really driving much or long distance, and when i do the average speed hovers around 22-25kph. Economy therefore running at about 9L/100km (Drops into the low 5's if i do a trip on the highway)
More than i thought. but, probably par for the course for the kind of traffic it sits in. I turn off the auto stop start every single time. Drives me batty, particularly when it turns off the air con, but leaves the fan running! (Qld!!)

Quirks i have found... Every now and again my phone drops off from the Sync 3. Just hit the reconnect button and its all peachy.
Paddle shift a bit gimmicky, use it once to show someone, but thats about it!! haha

Cruise Control can only go up in 5kph increments - thats a killer. My old mans older focus goes up in 1kph. I probably should ask if they can reprogram (although i havnt looked in the manual if i can do myself)
If you set it at 63kph it will round to the next 5kph if you speed up/slow down.

Pre collision alert etc has a slight bit of lag in it, so if i a car in front is turning and you are sneaking past it... it goes bonkers. trying to avoid the car that has moved. Once it actually hit the brakes after the car had turned.... car behind almost got me. Also thought a branch overhanging the road slightly on a slight bend was a person and hit the skids too! (It was about 10pm)

Radar Cruise control is the bomb. The BEST EVER. Dont think i could ever use normal cruise again. Particularly on the highway. Just set the longest distance and its all sweet.

Everything else is going pretty well.
Good report. I've had my Mondeo titanium wagon since April. I absolutely love it. Unfortunately the wife uses it more than me which leaves me in my 2014 Ford focus sport.
My Mondeo has done 14000k and has not missed a beat. I have not reset trip meter 2 and the average fuel is 7.6l/100k.
Things that annoy me. The luggage rack knocks on take off so I've had to remove that. When I reverse it out of my drive way which has the angle kerb the suspension feels loose but seems okay driving around. The Lane assist wants to fight where you want to drive within the marked lane so I turn it off most of the time. And the main thing is that here in warm old Oz we get heated seats but miss out on the seat coolers. That's it for the annoyances but they are livable.
Love the responsiveness of the diesel compared to the territory. It just makes you want to take off fast.
A bit off topic but just an interesting fact. There is nowhere on the tailgate to attach a magnetic L plate. Its all plastic. Check one out I was surprised because the l plate just kept falling to the floor no matter where I put it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
mcsweenyfives is offline   Reply With Quote