View Single Post
Old 17-12-2006, 05:52 PM   #650
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgiar
steve, sounds to me like flywheel bolts, onto the crank. mine was doing the same, would stop rattling above 1500~ but anywere below sorted sounded like a REALLY loose baffle or somthing tapping somthing else. take the inspection plate off and try and move your flywheel.

If it is the flywheel bolts, i will be asking myself why they came loose in the first place. I know that the first time they came loose it was due to me being a bit rev happy, but we really haven't been giving it much at all (apart from that day Dave came over, and the problem was already present at that time). The bolts were definately tightened and loctited, so there is no chance that it was a case of installation error.

What i noticed was that ever since we first got the engine running, i would rev it in nuetral to about 3000-4000rpm, and as the revs dropped the whole car felt very shaky. Now if my flywheel bolts are loose, i'm led to believe that there may be a problem with something else that caused the engine to shake the bolts loose. If that's the case, i will probably look at replacing the bottom end.

Either way, i wont be checking anything till after new years. I really can't be bothered dealing with this car and would rather just enjoy my holidays without having this problem running through my head :/

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."