View Single Post
Old 15-12-2006, 05:30 PM   #642
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
It's locked up in my garage when at home and it wont be taken anywere were i haveto to park it for extended periods by itself.

Was thinking last night that i may check if the flywheel has any play in it. If for some stupid reason the bolts are loosening then it's one more thing that may be causing the rattling sound. Makes sense to me, as when the clutch is pushed in, the spigot bearing is pushing against the diaphram, which would stop any play in the flywheel. I know that when we origionally pulled the auto out, the bolts could be undone by hand, so maybe we didn't torque it up enough and the same thing has happened :/
The spiggot bearing is the little bearing that sits in the crank, that the input shaft slide into. The bearings you're talking about is the thrust bearing.

Did you locktite the flywheel bolts? I wouldn't bet on a loose flywheel though. I mean, you and John aren't 5 speed experts. When you put that one in, neither of you knew how to drive a frikken stick shift!

The rattling could be a loose flywheel. Did you put a little bearing in the crank? It's called a spiggot bearing. It doesn't get pushed against the diaphram, the thrust bearing gets puched against the fins on the pressure plate, which disengages the clutch. The thrust bearing doesn't spin around..
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi