View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 01:51 AM   #9
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: The Sales Yard idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
It's certainly something we can consider - probably won't create an other sub forum as it means another form which is a fair bit of work but we could relax the rules around listing of dismantled parts.

I'll discuss with the rest of the team and advise.

Cheers
Russ
Thanks for the consideration Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconboy View Post
A possible suggestion? Maybe a simple change to 'photos of all parts for sale are required unless impractical' where 'impractical' is at the sole discretion of moderators.
^^ This is a great idea.

I do believe that a price & photos of items are required. Fair enough if your selling a simple "bunch of parts" Or a slightly bigger bunch. But when you are wrecking a whole car, well, thats just a hard ask.

General Photos of said car, Say 3 oustide shots, 3 interior (front, rear, cluster) And an under bonnet shot & maybe a boot shot is more than fair, Whats that around 5 mins of your time to photograph those 7 or so shots? And a basic price list up of parts. Such as Engine $XXX, Gearbox $XXX Door cards $XX Wheels $XX, and other main items that are the usual selling point, or are particular about the car such as rare OEM rims or something. With a "please post for wanted items you can see, but not price listed above" dislaimer.

I think thats more than fair for a free service.

Best not to PM with items, because you can get "Whats your offer on <insert item here>" Especially with a part you want, (even more especially a rare one) but have never seen one sold, so you have no idea what its worth. I had that once, a bloke PM'd me for an offer on a part that I had previously shown interest in & I thought, well is $1000 not enough or is $5 the highest paid amount in the history of mankind for this part? I had long moved on from buying it anyway so I politely declined to offer an amount and said that my finances were being focused elsewhere, which they have been.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.

Last edited by Revolver; 04-12-2013 at 02:09 AM.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: