View Single Post
Old 25-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #15
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate I have 4 of them mounted on my Bull bar of MY 4WD and I see a few roos in my travels but am yet to hit one.

IMO They cost $5 or what ever it is so it’s hardly as big cash out lay anyway and it jives you a little piece of mind when night driving in the country.

Just cause you have a Bull bar doesn’t mean you can’t end up with busted headlights, spot lights or a radiator if a limb makes it throe the grill.

I have 2 mounted on the Top centre bar of the Bull bar in line with the centre line of the car, and 2 mounted on the main bar structure ether side of the Spot light.

I think positioning is important you need to get them in the air stream so the sound can actually radiate out.

I worked with a guy in Kalgoorlie a few year ago and he would ride his Motorbike back to Perth at night at the end of the shift roster for his brake, he had about 6 of the things on his bike as well as Xenon lights. He would average 120-130km/h at night along the Grate Eastern Hwy and says when he spotted any on the side of the road they would just sit there as and he rode past

Cheers.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote