Thread: Visting Detroit
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 09:09 PM   #6
383hq
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Visting Detroit

In no particular order

If you've got a car, it'd be worth doing Grosse point/Lake St Clair - the change in wealth over several hundred metres is (was) astounding. You won't get to Ford Jnr's house- gated with security box.

Non car related but college ice hockey is cheap and worth a look if you have time, or head out for college football (ann arbor)

Woodward avenue - Friday nights use to be car night, talk nice and viper owners etc might take you for a quick spin. (look up Woodward dream cruise). GM named a Corvette Test procedure after what goes on there...

On Woodward ave you should be able to find a gun range that'll hire hand guns for target practice if you're so inclined, for that full US of A experience. ( I did, thought it was over rated, particularly the plastic Glocks, but the 50 cal desert eagle is worthy of a mention..)

I'll never forget the dualling piano bar in royal oak

LaBatts Blue for a decent beer (it's Canadian- you're close to the border so it's ok)

Up the I-75 a little has Bass Pro outdoors. I'm not a shopping guy, but bloody hell....
Or if in other states try Cabela's. The term Economies of scale will become apparently obvious.

On Woodward ave you should be able to find a gun range that'll hire hand guns for target practice if you're so inclined, for that full US of A experience. ( I did, thought it was over rated, particularly the plastic Glocks, but the 50 cal desert eagle is worthy of a mention..)

if you're there for extended visit , the UP at the right time is fantastic - Sault Ste. Marie lock gives you an idea of the size of the great lakes given the ships moving through the region.

I could go on...

Last edited by 383hq; 06-09-2017 at 09:20 PM.
383hq is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: