Thread: car hoist
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2015, 09:18 PM   #11
XA5800
I'd rather be blown

Default Re: car hoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66FAIRLANE View Post
I bought a Chinese 2 poster off an agent here in Adelaide. Took a bit of a chance but as I am a Boilermaker I thought I could strengthen if anything looked suss. Thankfully it has been awesome. Had it nearly 2 years. The steel looks thick enough and the welds look good enough. Bought when the dollar was about parity. The only issue I had was not with the hoist but the floor. I don't reckon I got the 4" slab I paid for! Looked more like 3". Luckily it is 32mpa. The one thing I did do was make a heavy bar that went up to the roof and across between the posts to stop it collapsing inward on itself (& me). I did not put a car on it until I had done this. I have also put plastic coated stainless fishing trace across the roof hanging about 10" below connected to a limit switch so I don't put anything through the roof! Installed after pic below was taken.

Probably still have the guys phone no. if you are interested.

Nice Cars , What wall height do you have for the Hoist?

Previous rides:
BFGT COBRA number 33, BAGT, BMW 535 E39
80 SERIES LANDCRUISER X2
XAGT 4 DOOR , XC COBRA, XYGT, XA GT COUPE , XYGT , HD Holden sedan,
V6GT CAPRI converted to V8, MAZDA RX2.
XA5800 is offline   Reply With Quote