View Single Post
Old 18-07-2018, 07:57 PM   #885
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Yep, 2 years ago all i wanted to do was fall off the face of the earth but the last thing i wanted to do was leave those who i cherished the most with the pieces to pick up so i took myself to the Doctor instead.
2 months ago i removed myself from the drugs and have never felt better, sure there are days when i feel a little hopelessness but i now realise that the drugs didnt change a lifetime of negative thoughts, they just allowed me to process things with a clarity i'd never experienced before and catagorize into what was important and what was an overreaction.

Having said that, i wouldn't dare suggest that everyone is like me, has/had my issues or that what worked for me will work for them and so i share my experiences, listen a lot and say a little and never judge anyone.
Hello,
Everyone is like you, or me or the dude who you don't know who lives a mile away!
We all need a roof/shelter, and we need food/water, and we need a job/work to provide for ourselves or/and our families.
It takes only one negative comment to set some people on a downhill slide,with me it was a smart mouth missus, a button pusher, a person who thought the answer to her problems was an ounce of pot a week,with her twin sister and a bottle of scotch every second day,it worked up to a point,when they/she hit that point it was like a different person was sitting in the room,this big smart mouth thing who had lost all her inhibitions and was the life of the party!

The party was in her head,there was no party,it was as mad as a two bob watch,a foul mouthed vile thing who when morning come around was quiet as a field mouse.
But she will be the same now as then,I changed once I realised I was feeding this thing,this parasite on society, it was a hard move to realise that I allowed this "thing" to dictate my every thought to accommodate her illness.

But,I got over it and got on with my life, but my issues since are/were caused by injury and illness,if you fight an insurance company then you are on a long ride down,its worse than depression, its something else and I don't have a name for it.
And doctors not doing their jobs,I am talking neurosurgeon types not GP's,you get a bad one and you are gone, back down in that deep dark hole,so far down you don't know which way is up, its when you realise that none of it matters that you get better, an overworked head/psyche is like putting a lawnmower engine in Kenworth truck expecting it to pull the tractor and a load,it can't,things breakdown, that's life, if you overload your mind with useless and pointless things then it stops working,you have to get the garbage out of your head and then take steps to fix it.
But you must realise the problem is there first,not blame others or your situation, worst thing you can do is stew things over.

Cheers Billy.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote