View Single Post
Old 15-01-2016, 03:36 PM   #1
Pent
Starter Motor

Default Question on MB/MC and DPF

Hi,
First time poster. Potential purchasing a TDCI Mondeo. Also looking at different cars as well.

I am trying to decide between a couple of examples. Leaning towards Wagons/SUVs at this point. Mix of LX and Zetecs.

Two around 80/90km Built 09/2012 Zetec Wagon. One comes with 6 months Warranty. Both interstate.

Other is Built 10/2010 Zetec Wagon with under 50k available privately.
All are Ford serviced and have had there 60k service done on time.

Obviously the 2010 can be had cheaper and has lower kms, but I am a bit worried. The owner has a couple of cars and his commute involves about 12kms of driving each way, and from what I gather these are a mix of 70k and lower speed roads(not exactly city driving) and no freeway/motorways hence the low mileage.

Should I be concerned that the DPF might be well on the way to be clogged up and may cause trouble in the future ? Would Ford normally pick this up in normal servicing ?

Also I was under the impression MC began manufacturing in Nov/Dec 2010. The grills, lights are definitely MC and has the DSG box.

Also I am thinking that the 2012 model probably have improved versions of of gearbox, engine,electronics since they are 2 year newer build dates hence less potential problems

Others I am looking are are 04/2012 LX Wagon and late 2013 LX Hatch 70k (with extras and factory warranty) . Not Exclusively ford serviced but have had the 60k done.

Any suggestions ? Am I thinking too much about DPF,DSG issues.

thanks
Pent is offline   Reply With Quote