View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 08:39 PM   #28
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: just sat in a new 2018 jeep grand cherokee laredo

thanks to all that replied
I was chasing a personal opinion from people who had owned them more than anything
and I knew they had engine and transmission problems with the gear they were getting at the time
but with what ive recently heard is there had been improvements to their camp and well with what ive been going thru with ford and my terri it must have been made with a jeep badge some where on it as to what some of you have stated in this thread
and as of friday and the deal that was presented to me and the comments given to me by the rep handling the situation with the buy back its now a slim chance they will get me back in to any new ford for the foreseeable future
as I just posted in the tread about the problems with the terri
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
ok ill update this
as the problems are getting worse with the terri and ford have no idea how to fix the ones they are willing to accept as theirs to fix
so a few months ago they decided to buy back the vehicle
at which they made me their firs offer friday
over the three years ive owned suv its been in their care trying to rectify the issues for over 6 months and since purchase its had fitted the ecb bull bar h/d tow bar side steps mud flaps roof racks and weather shields all round
if they had another territory it be new for old change over but seeing they don't the next option as an equivalent is the everest trend 4wd 2ltr 4wd to me
and they came up with this as a possibility but I would share some of the expense
so with the incentives they offered me to change such as employee purchase discount (or what ever) and the price I payed originally for the car with out the additions (which im not allowed to remove or the price drops) my gap is 23k putting the everest with discounts at almost 66k
and to top it off the rep told me its a good deal and I cant contest it as he knows as hes done a heap of these buy backs , ?????? so how much a problem has ford had I ask and thats when he went quiet
and that I can get whats in my opinion a better package in the jeep alone with extra options at a better price , I haven't made a definite choice yet but am seriously looking in jeeps direction ~ maybe I will regret it but I can sure tell you ford has given me heaps of that over the last three years

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote