View Single Post
Old 21-07-2018, 09:34 PM   #10
littlered
Starter Motor

Default Re: just sat in a new 2018 jeep grand cherokee laredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
We have a 10/2015 build GC Laredo Diesel that we purchased new in January 2016 for the wife's daily. Just under 2.5 years and 52,000km later the things been faultless, not a single issue. The V6 diesel is a gem as is the 8 speed auto. Its got plenty of kit for a base model and I LOVE the Uconnect System (Jeeps Sync Equivalent). It tows our boat effortlessly and does everything we need of it when off road (we don't do it a lot, but when we do its mainly beach stuff).

What don't I like about it:

- The gearstick - Its not hard to use or anything, I just find it a pain (the MY17 on have the newer, more normal one)
- The fact it has a foot park brake
- If you have the CD Player option, it takes most of the center console space

When it comes time would I buy another one? Yep, sure would.. Only I would go for an Overland with the Better 4WD system, air suspension and panoramic roof..
As mentioned above I have an overland

Mine is MY17 and has the "Normal" shifter.. all good
You eventually get used to the foot brake..
No CD player in mine.. USB, IPOD and apple/Android car play plus digital (DAB+) radio.. not sure if Laredo has these items
Air suspension on highway lowers automatically to aid in better mileage.
Love the sunroof.. good thing is there is no mesh curtain underneath the glass but a solid curtain which stops a lot of heat in the summer.
Seats at the front heat or cool.. rear seats heat (kids love this).. many USB points though out.
Haven't tried out the 4WD system yet but I understand it is very good.. there are options for sand. dirt, rocks etc

Regards

LR
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: