View Single Post
Old 20-06-2019, 09:42 PM   #186
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Roundabout Incident - Who is at Fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Cam car clearly at fault. Regardless of road markings or signage, cam car changes lanes without due care. Had he obeyed the left lane and stayed within it, no accident would have occurred.
Road markings and signage make up 99% of the road rules, how can you say they don't apply?

Quote:
(you're not allowed to change lanes in an intersection)
I'm pretty sure you can change lanes in an intersection as long as you obey all regular rules for changing lanes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
He didn’t give way to those already in the lane before he merged, I can’t see how the cam car isn’t at fault?
Cam car didn't merge, he was obeying the signs before the roundabout. Red car wasn't.

Quote:
25 years of driving, 1 at fault accident (minor), owning a v8 for 6 years and never lost a demerit point.
Yeah, nah, I'll keep my license and stick to the lane I'm driving in.
That reminds me of the joke
"Been driving for X years and never been in an accident. Seen hundred in my rear view mirror though"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
I initially voted cam car, but after watching the video, I’d say 50/50. It actually doesn’t matter what the signs or road markings say, every driver has an onus to avoid a collision and neither driver did that in this case.
You should avoid crashes if you can, that's why in these badly designed road situations I always assume everyone else is brain dead and will screw it up.
But to cause a crash only 1 car has to break the road rules. So they are at fault. In this video it's the red car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Yep IMO he could have easily let the red car go first and wouldn't have been held up at all..
How? Was he supposed to be a mind reader and know the red car wanted to break the road rules? Red car never indicated left from what we see. If they did we could assume they're stupid and wanted to break the rules, but if they don't indicate their rule breaking intentions how would anyone else know?

It's pretty easy to pass judgment when watching a video when we know there is about to be a crash. Especially when we watch the video multiple times. Not the same as driving down the road.
4 users like this post: