View Single Post
Old 26-03-2018, 12:46 AM   #745
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Why is it, that smokers seem to think they are the only people in the world, and the only car on the road?

In the last week, across 2 different states, I've had idiots flick their butts out in front of my car on the road - one of them went up the bonnet of a borrowed car (interstate) and luckily, didn't go down where the wipers are. I'm sure I caught the other one somewhere in the bottom of the bumper, under the radiator, as the smoke smell kept coming into the car (even on recirc) long after he was gone.

And people all preach the dangers of mobile phones, but how about the fools who need 2 hands to light a smoke whilst driving down a country road?
You're cruising along at the speed limit, next thing they drop 20km/h and start wandering around. Then you see the flame flicker in the rear view mirror reflection. And why do they do it on a single lane stretch, and then speed up when the dual lane secion opens up just 100m up the road?

And don't get me started on those absolute tossers who throw their butts out the window and start fires. Coming into our estate used to be a pleasant experience, but because of 2 incidences where drop kicks started scrub fires, council have stripped out all the vegetation, most of the small trees, and all the low-hanging limbs off the larger trees, to remove the fuel sources (they replaced it with new bark chip).
Instead of nice greenery (and admittedly, a lot of leaf litter on the ground) now you all you can see is the backs of houses and ugly fences. The residents along there are now whinging about the increase in traffic noise too.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote