View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 04:44 PM   #80
snopony

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
A question from the other side of depression which I hope you could point me in the right direction.

How does one breach the subject with someone who wont listen? This is a genuine question as I dont want to put details on a public forum just yet. The signs are there, and have been for a while and I have been worried for a long time but I have never been able to breach the subject without her getting very annoyed!
a few days ago, I was in the same position, signs were there, the person is about as stubborn as they come, but a very good friend. I knew something was wrong, the conversations were going downhill .... I actually had to research about "red flags" as to wether i acted or not or were doing the right thing. ALL the warning signs of self harm were there. I tried to contact their family first, (they live interstate) no response, so I sent around the police for a welfare check.
Long story short, the person turned out to be ok BUT refuses to ever talk to me again. I don't regret acting on the info provided to me, and I guess its all I can do from a different state BUT, as the poster in the quote asks.... how do you broach the subject? any way you can. You do kinda run the risk of ****ing them off if you go to say, their family or a close friend... but weigh that up against the consequences if you didn't at least try and something happened.
snopony is offline   Reply With Quote