View Single Post
Old 27-04-2015, 06:06 PM   #74
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
Just had a whinge to the missus about my train being late due to someone nearly passing out on board and getting somewhat in trouble for not rendering assistance to this person and what if she died and would the time you are late matter to this person's family.

I did think about it for like half a minute before stopping and thinking I genuinely did not care if this person did faint. They were being attended to by rail staff and other passengers on the platform so it's none of my business.

Would a lack of compassion constitute toward depression and anxiety. Cause I know I've said a number of times to the missus and others I only care about people I have direct contact and daily interaction with.
A lack of compassion can be part of the depression cycle, but it is not necessarily a bad thing if you are only caring about yourself and immediate family. Whilst I was dealing with my depression and anxiety I'm sure people regarded me as uncaring and selfish, but sometimes in life the long term goal is worth it. You need to concentrate on you at this junction in your life, in my case the compassion for others slowly returned as I felt better in myself.
Ross 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: