View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #71
Draadnor
Starter Motor

Default Re: What problems have you had with your Mondeo?

2011 MC TDCI (90,000klms)
- Windscreen wipers would intermittantly drop back a level (same sort of thing that happens when you stop). Ford replaced the stalk (with the usual 10 day wait).
- Lumbar support snapped and was replaced (with the usual 10 day wait).
- "Engine Malfunction" message and light have come on about 3 times in the last 6 months with no change in the performance of the car. Ford think this is the injector auto adjusting 'mapping', so have reset the mapping. Will see how this goes.
- Intermittantly running rough after coming to a stop from a highway run, with the 'gauge' jumping from about 1.1 L/H to 2.6 L/H. Ford suggested this is the system 'burning off' residues in some box in the exhaust system (I'm guessing it is similar to the catalytic converters in petrol engine cars).
- Goes through lowbeam globes quickly. I drive with my lights on and I've replaced 4 sets in the last two years - with Narva ones too!

I do really enjoy the 1,000 to 1,200 klms per tank I get as it means I'm only filling up every 9 days or so. I also agree with one of the above posters about how nice it is to drive, corners well and isn't too soft or hard in the suspension.
Draadnor is offline   Reply With Quote