View Single Post
Old 17-05-2016, 09:24 PM   #11
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: Service and Inspection before Stat. Wty up.

Probably get them if they are able to, to update any ECU/PCM firmware. Not many can or want to. But worth pushing. Get them to check steering/suspension/body/brakes. It's handy to know how much pad is left to give you a heads up in replacement orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I wonder if there is any merit in dumping the oil, then putting in 5L of cheap stuff ($10) just to get it through the engine and dumping that before putting in whatever is needed.

A bottle of 'engine oil flush' costs about the same!
no need for that mucking around, and I'd like to know where this supposedly cheap stuff is, pretty much all 5W30 Low SAPS is up there in the price range. What's more beneficial is doing changes as per the service interval and no longer. They all have detergents and great holding/suspension properties so that when you've dropped the oil the bulk containments are gone with it.

I'd wait your 3K kms then do it. It's not like it's currently related to a problem. It's not like statute warranty covers servicing either. May as well wait.

One good tip: When the statute is up find a good workshop ( or DIY if capable) and begin your assault on fluids and oils systematically (when time/funds/other allows) refresh them all. Get on top of any maintenance from the get go. Should start you off on the right foot.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote