View Single Post
Old 17-05-2016, 10:50 AM   #1
manchu

Default Service and Inspection before Stat. Wty up.

I recently bought a MC TDCI (2012 Zetec Wagon, 72kkm) from a Mazda dealer which is now due for the 75kkm service. I'm wondering what to get done at the service considering history, and what extra I should ask to get looked at. I want to be confident any potential issues are caught before the Stat. Warranty on the car is up (15/6).

History:

- Oil & filter change by dealer @ 72,000km, pre delivery. Not sure of oil spec.

- Transmission fault @ 72,500km. Mechatronic unit was replaced by Ford and fluid changed.

- After purchase I spoke to the RACV service centre that did 45kkm (incl. brake fluid) & 60kkm service and was told that although book was stamped the owner requested bare minimum only. So I assume oil changes only.

- Water in fuel detected once @ 74,000km. Fuel Filter replaced asap by Mazda.

- Engine seems to have a light intermittent rattle under load in low gears.This is the only TDCI I've driven so this could be normal, so I'd like an expert opinion.

- Fuel consumption seems a little high. 7.4l/100km for my commute (10km med. traffic + 20km of clear freeway). I'm not particularly heavy footed and my previous car (maz 6) would give spot on published combined consumption. Wondering if this is sign of something not right.

Thoughts and questions:

- Oil/Filter. Should be OK to leave until 90kkm

- Air filter. May have been missed at 60kkm so should I ask to inspect and replace if necessary, or just ask to replace regardless?

- Glow Plugs. No idea. ('B' service mentions Spark plug renew).

- Do all other 'A' service checks. (except fuel filter drain & oil/filter change)

- Do 3yr AC system check

- Do 4yr Cooling system check

I've got an independent mechanic I've used for ~8yrs, but he's not overly familiar with Mondeos so I think it may be best to go to ford this time. Mostly because if Ford find a warranty issue the Mazda dealer is less likely to question.

Thanks for any advice. applogies for the long post
manchu is offline   Reply With Quote