View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #577
tim_pato

Default Re: Common Problems with the AU??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfghost View Post
Au2 xr8 2001 model was missing at idle, not so noticable under revs. Had efi dude out to repair problem, said it was computer and afs sensor so soughted new afs and sent comp away for repair, unable to fault old computer, sent back, fitted parts same thing,, then said was O2 sensors, replaced them, same dilemma. didnt call him back. Sent car to new mechanic. explained problem, missing and a vacuum leak i cannot find.
After test they said i had a coil issue, said i replaced coils twice in 2 months wasted another 1000 dollars on there recommendation, and the idiot proceeded to tell me, that I dont have a CAMSHAFT SYNCHRONIZER (or sensor) because i have pushrods. I wont tell you what i thought and said. took home noticed harmonic balancer had slipped, replaced, still same issue.Camshaft synronizer is about to be replaced.

Replaced parts list for a miss
3 sets coil packs
2 sets leads
2 sets plugs
1 computer
1 air flow sensor
2 O2 sensors
1 Harmonic Balancer
full set intake gaskets, valley, planem, throttle body etc
plus labour at 104.00 p/h ( the joys of a mining town price but not working at a mine)

and annoying the wife by having to use her (corolla). been 8 weeks now and looks like it will be ongoing until i can find someone who is capable of diagnosing. will let you know when its running as it should
have you checked all the vacum hosses to the air control switch? the is a fair bit of hosses behind the dash that control the cabben air.