View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #175
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Does Anyone Here Fly Drones??

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Out of interest I watched a couple of YT reviews on some stuff you can buy and the range is enormous . A worry you hear is that some people are pushing the barrier a bit too far with privacy and flying where they shouldn't now though and regulatory things could end up ruining it (the hobby) for everybody maybe requiring stricter laws than now
Laws are already in place, and are plenty strict. People breaking existing laws does not require stricter laws it requires enforcement of existing laws.

Also keep in mind that different countries have different laws, and that many (most) youtube videos are filmed overseas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Do you think that a specific kind of registration for drones with a certain operating range and recording capability should be needed at point of sale at least or is that overkill . How do you see this Swanny ?
It is also already in place, not so much at point of sale thing, both my long range larger drones are registered, and I am licensed to fly them commercially.

I also have 'toy drones' that are not registered and they are literally smaller than the palm of my hand weight 15-60grams and only have a 10-30 metre range.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote