View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 10:54 AM   #174
creative
I am Batman

Default Re: Does Anyone Here Fly Drones??

Agree with swanny but once we see likes of amazon rolling out their delivery service (Such as their project wings in canberra) this slice of airspace becomes very valuable and hobbiest arent welcome... that much is becoming clear.

The hobby is going to get regulated into the ground in my opinion. some of the rules and regulations being put into place by the regulatories, underhand tactics by pilot associations, the media portrayal of 'drones' is all negative, designed to vilify the hobby to make passing rules and regulations easier.

Licensing and registration doesnt work.. it was proven in america but that didnt change them from pushing it back through despite the facts, despite the fact there has been no recorded death or accident due to drones. Why wont the UK government release their findings from a few years ago, thats right, because it doesnt show the negative outcome they wanted. All research and information that proves the hobby isnt a danger to aircraft ect is never acknowledged but the unrealistic, flawed research is treated as gospel and rolled out through the media... just look at this very thread and Gatwick.... no proof yet it has caused major proposed changes in the uk regarding regulations etc.

Its a joke tbh.

The future of quads is going to be the 3inch and below versions but I may just of given up by then.... Im already losing interest due to the amount of restrictions being in place and the public opinion of what we do, it just makes it a hassle to go out and fly in peace.
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere

Last edited by creative; 12-03-2019 at 11:04 AM.
creative is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: