Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 20-02-2017, 07:55 PM   #3178
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8cam View Post
As a former superbike owner, I never left home without the full kit, head to toe. Living in warmer climates, the temptation for some is too great, so out come the shorts, t-shirts & trainers. We have all seen this type of rider, decked out in sports gear with a Valentino Rossi helmet, and most of us yell idiot as they race around us. My point here is not to start an argument nor is it to put down push biker riders. I wonder if anybody thinks of life after a serious ''off'' and whether or not a layer of protective clothing is worth losing a little top speed or whatever. Remember folks, I am not stirring the pot, I am genuinely interested.

I love my MTB riding and unfortunately due to the constant heat where I live I have to wear pretty much next to nothing so that I don't overheat. If I was to add the extra layer for protection then I just simply couldn't ride as often. I usually wear a MX style jersey with skins style shorts. I've tried the loose style of baggy shorts for MTB but when they got wet they chaffed on my knees when pedalling and then I had two big abrasions. I've had my fair share of get offs but I'll take those as they come, as long as I don't face plant a rock and knock out some teeth or break my jaw, I'll just accept it. Skin usually heals for free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk