View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 02:49 AM   #80
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPE 72
i dont think he would want any partners, too many complications..
And he's too greedy.. One of the main reasons the powercruise guys haven't come to Adelaide yet is not only does Clem want a large fee for the track hire, but also he asked for 25% of proceeds from the gate takings. When you combine those costs with Adelaides relatively low population of people that would attend such an event, it's not a very feasible operation unfortunately.
So not only do we miss out on drag racing here in the land that time forgot, but as long as CS owns the only suitable track for a powercruise-style event we miss out on that too.
Yes i'm aware there's Gazzanats and MB autofest, but they don't have the track time that PC provides.

Clem Smith is getting on a bit in years now, I wonder what will happen to Mallala when he's no longer around? Will the SCCSA become custodians? I presume they're not into hosting the kind of events I like to attend...

Back to tailem bend again, This 'consortium' that we all keep hearing about (but know nothing of), I wonder if they considered putting in a tender for Tailem? Or are they dead set on acquiring land 15mins from the CBD?

The real estate Ad for TB said the total land size was 683Ha, with all the test tracks, 1/4mile, workshop etc on a 117Ha parcel of land. The ad also stated that they would sell sections of land separately.
I wonder how much that 117Ha would go for? From what I hear the whole 683Ha was very reasonably priced.

I saw the drawings for the proposal for the riverland track over on the SMASA forum, looks good. Hope something happens there, especially if TB is a definite no-go.

*sigh*