View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #73
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 
Default Re: Quick question re: DRL's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas89
Yes mine has 4 wires also black,red yellow & blue. I am going to try red will be power for the relays, black earth, then most probably yellow ign to turn the lights on & blue to dim..was going to look tonight but did the GPS instead.
This must be a standard for DRL wiring. The kit I used to change the fogs to DRL's for my FG was the same wiring convention, the blue to low beam headlamp, yellow to ignition, red from 12V DC, and black to chassis of course. Not the best to have power from the ignition, which loads up that circuit.

A study of the wiring diagrams is a very good idea to find the best way of connecting them up. Dont know how the Mondeo is, but if it is of any help, with my FG I used power after the EEC relay for the yellow, LH low beam after the fuse for the blue, both were securely plugged into the back of an existing connector in the PDB using modified spade terminals to avoid any tapping or damage to the fragile wires. This way also, all wires were fused and do not affect power to or from the ignition systems.
Silver Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote