Thread: Locks
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #17
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7
Good to hear - We had this feature on our previous car, and want to get this enabled (We have 2 kids in the back!).
Did they specifically charge you for doing this?
You have to get the dealer to do it, and they didn't charge me for it. It was done on one of the many trips back there to fix some other warranty issues. The locks are great and keep the boss happy.

You will need to ring them and tell the dealer that you want it done, and how they can do it (through the IDS), as I got told that they didn't know a. about the feature and b. whether the Australian Mondeo's used a different locking mechanism. I was also told that it took them some time to do it.

Not really the dealers fault, Ford Australia should be telling the dealers about this.

By my reckoning, if you get it enabled you'll be the third Mondeo in Australia with AutoLocking. We are a select group.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote