Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Colonel,

I put a post up on the pommy site and got this reply:

21-04-08 08:23 AM - Post#277649
Hi,

Sorry but I just asked them to set the option to lock the doors automatically on driving away. They had to connect their IDS laptop to the car and then I believe they just found the correct option on a menu although I did not actually watch what they were doing myself.

They did say that they were worried that the battery level could go too low while they were using IDS to programme the car and, if so, that the car's computer would have to be replaced! To avoid that they connected it up to a battery charger while they did the programming.

I don't know what other options they could have set as there does not seem to be a list anywhere. What I'd suggest (I intend to do this at the next service) is to ask them to agree to connect up the IDS while you are there and go through all the options with you are, so you can choose what you want. They might want to charge for their time while they do it though.

Sounds like a plan. At least for me.

Is this only appicable for automatics or can it also be done on the manual?

My current car has this feature but it is an automatic which made me wonder if it is somehow connected to the gearbox selector.
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote