Thread: Drags
View Single Post
Old 31-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #9
IAM58L

In relation to kempsey airport becomming a drag strip the only way this will happen is with alot of support from the community or as dreadly said buy it out maybe the minster for sport and rec might help out... i doubt it. About a year ago I tried to convince council with the help of the ecconomic development officer at the time that drag racing at the airport was a viable option even just 4 times a year however there is a new development officer now and council is only interested in seeing it used for planes even though there are only a small number of people in the community that own a plane.

Last time I checked it costs the rate payer $85,000 a year so 80 planes a year can take off and land. I am sure that there would be more than 80 cars turn up to have a go at drag racing... I believe that Kempsey Sporting Car Club has tried to obtain use of the airport in the past aswell and they were told no, maybe someone else knows more? I have spoken with ANDRA and they would be happy to support any events that were organised at the kempsey airport.
Anyhow enough ranting from me,
Beau351 11.524 is a great time well done
IAM58L is offline   Reply With Quote